Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I wish I were smarter, so I could figure out what our D is doing differently lately -

Legend

User Info Menu

execution?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The offense is holding the ball longer. The defense is fresher when it hits the fields. I think this is especially evident with the DBs. They can run with the WRs longer because they aren't as tired.

Just my .02

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    The offense is holding the ball longer. The defense is fresher when it hits the fields. I think this is especially evident with the DBs. They can run with the WRs longer because they aren't as tired.

Just my .02
    we had 36 minutes TOP against Oakland versus their 24 and yet still lost that game...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's not absolute, I just think its a factor. The DBs looked so good and fresh in the 4th qtr.

Clearly the decision to play press helps too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post

Just my .02
    Absolutely a factor. Glad you stated it.
    What was Time of Possession today? Probably a significant plus for us, for our D, and against their D.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lawrence Timmons.

That's your God-damn reason right there.

(Sits back to watch the board go into meltdown)
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

To add to what y'all have said, I think that putting Will Allen at Safety instead of Mundy really helped to stabilize the backfield.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dam, you beat me to it....
    No Mundy out there

Starter

User Info Menu

I was wondering the same thing. Although believe it or not in the pre-season I thought this D could be very special. It just seemed like it was functioning as one and the timing was perfect and each player knew exactly what to do and how to get it done.

Imagine my complete WTF is this for many of the games.

The D was pretty much just decent for the 1st 3Q's. But that 4thQ was -------------. Bottle it! Might need it again sometime.

Originally Posted by DukieBoy [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=531223#post531223"][/URL] Steelers are playing alot of man press coverage, two-deep safeties, and the CB's are up to it. Dungy just showed that on NBC. Also, Ike was matching up with Salsa in the slot and did fairly well with the assignment. Then there was the pressure on Eli. What was he tonight, 10 of 24?

Flasteel said: This is it and for those of you who remember my rants over the past few seasons, it's that evolution in LeBeau's play-calling, which has made the difference. Ike Taylor's hands are still way to sticky for me, but he and Lewis have been jamming guys and staying with them.

We've also gotten a lot of consistent pressure (without the sacks) and our run defense has been stouty lately.

Great job in all phases of the game and way to overcome adversity!!!!

I wanted to add the word discipline.

Not only good coverage in man and zone, but good gap integrity, good tackling, and no break-downs.

---Yeah! That is probably what I thought I saw flashes of in the pre-season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Lawrence Timmons.

That's your God-damn reason right there.

(Sits back to watch the board go into meltdown)
    Yep! When Timmons is allowed to go after the QB, we just seem to win. When he plays 8 yards off the LOS we don't.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"