Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you thoroughly dominate and only win by 4 points????

Legend

User Info Menu

Great win.. did the OP bash Redman for not going down after getting the 1st down.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chiken View Post
    1) jeeze. Ryan Clarks hit was totally legal. The ball was in the air so he sized up the receiver and hit him in the shoulder.. How was he suppose to know that Another guy would nearly pick it off.. It was a Stupid Call by the Ref
    2) Heath did run with the guy and Got blocked in the back..
    3) when the Refs called that running play a touchdown (elbow on the ground big as day) and that BS Hit on Clark - We should have known the Refs were obviously not working with us today.. Yet we still won..
    Clark's hit was legal (in form) but it came well after the ball hit the ground with Clark directly facing the play and able to see the ball. It was a late hit and could have been avoided. Even if it was a bad call ... you still don't leave a chance for a penalty when you just stopped 3rd and goal from the 2 and now have 1st and goal from the 1. Make plays when you NEED to make plays.

If the other guys hustle over there Heath never has to run it down to the end. The return man is probably pushed out of bounds around the 40-45 yard line. Heath was blocked in the back and it should have been called.

Ok, the running play wasn't a touch down. It's 2nd and goal from the 2 inch line. Sneak. Sneak. Score. The refs denied the Steelers a 0.5% chance of stopping the other team with 2nd and goal from 2 inches.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No. But that makes him even stupider. Continuing to run in that situation is your opponents LAST chance. All you have to do is lay down to eliminate it. Everyone knows 2:00 is exactly enough time to kneel out and win.

Legend

User Info Menu

We give away two games on the road in the fourth Q against two substandard teams - and a third against a good team.

We go in and dominate the defending champs who are 6-2 and getting every call they possibly can. We come back in the fourth to grab the win.

Somehow that is the games that pisses you off?

I have heard from friends who are fans of 1) the Cowboys, 2) the Browns, and 3) the Lions, and all three were impressed that we fought through this game to victory.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    then we didn't watch the same game.
    So you think a 4 point win was about right???? I saw a game where simple mental mistakes on the Steelers' players part made about 14 points of difference.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    We give away two games on the road in the fourth Q against two substandard teams - and a third against a good team.

We go in and dominate the defending champs who are 6-2 and getting every call they possibly can. We come back in the fourth to grab the win.

Somehow that is the games that pisses you off?

I have heard from friends who are fans of 1) the Cowboys, 2) the Browns, and 3) the Lions, and all three were impressed that we fought through this game to victory.
    Yes, exactly it pissed me off. It should have been a 17 or 18 point win and the Giants had a fighting chance in the last 3 minutes. That pisses me off immensely.
    You can't repeat that in the playoffs. If you want to win the division you can't repeat that against the Ravens. Repeating that kind of stuff can leave you stuck with the 5-seed
    again instead of the 1-seed or 2-seed, having to win 3 road playoff games. What bothers me here is the avoidability factor. All it takes is a little focus and
    concentration.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Board 11
    Steel Ability 0

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Board 11
    Steel Ability 0
    Board Stupid
    SteelAbility Smart

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Board 11
    Steel Ability 0
    Seriously look at the Ryan Clark hit again. Clark was looking right at the play and could see his own man almost intercept and the ball hit the ground before the launching move that hit Cruz. He could see the receiver never touch the ball. Even if it was a bad call you don't leave a chance, especially in today's panzy-@55 NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Your a joke. I'm on the Board side too. 12-0.

On the road, I don't care if the score is 2-0. A win is a win.. Learn the game, and put your Playstation controls down.

OK- look at the play again- Teh DB's are taught to knock the ball out. Not just stop in mid stride.. Learn the game.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion