Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Notice Casey Playing Better?

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone Else Notice Casey Playing Better?

Casey seemed to play a little better against the Giants than he has all season. Is it a coincidence the whole defense looked good?

I didn't watch him every play and didn't go back and watch the game, but I did notice him controlling the point of attack on several plays. Could Casey be working his way back from injury? And is the improving D tied to an improving Casey?

I've blamed his decline on what's been happening negatively to this D. Now is his turnaround single handedly turning us around?

Everyone seems to think Troy is the key to Lebeau's D. I've always thought Casey was the biggest reason we won XL. Could he still be the key?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can say that no, I did not notice Casey playing better against the Giants. I saw him pushed back on several short yardage situations. He still makes a play here and there but he isn't the "Big Snack" anymore. He's more like the "Big Sack".
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think that Casey has gotten nearly his due from the fan base while he has been here. He does not put up numbers, 357 total tackles in 165 games with only 9 sacks. However, when he is playing well, everything behind him falls into place.

We all know that the only reason that he still gets reps is because our DC is senile. But, what if he is really getting onto the field because coaches who work with him every day see him rounding (pardon the pun) into form and he is getting where he needs to be by playing regularly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Didn't notice Casey playing better, but I thought he looked like he might have been playing FATTER.

Legend

User Info Menu

Casey =

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

CASEY has been "steady" all year. He isn't the LOAD he once was, but he's not being abused out there like HOOD is.
    I still want to see more McCLENDON.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    CASEY has been "steady" all year. He isn't the LOAD he once was, but he's not being abused out there like HOOD is.
    I still want to see more McCLENDON.
    Hampton is a bit inconsistent this year but he has been more effective than Hood.

I also want to see more of McClendon AND Heyward. I see the d-line as more effective with McClendon in the lineup.

Hampton is slowing down and doesn't really get any push. He can still take on 2 blockers for the most part but he doesn't get the push he used to. In due respect for Hampton, he's trying to carry a lot of weight at his age. He's been a staple of great defensive play for many, many years. The Steelers have actually been extremely lucky that he's been able to play at a high level for so many years and relatively consistent without being injury prone (knock on wood).
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry, but NO. Still getting little to no penetration. He is being controlled by one blocker. No lateral mobility.

Hampton is a shell of his former self and he shows it every game.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I saw him move the pocket 2 or 3 times I noticed him. Maybe those weren't the norm, but when I watched him, he was playing better.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I don't think that Casey has gotten nearly his due from the fan base while he has been here. He does not put up numbers, 357 total tackles in 165 games with only 9 sacks. However, when he is playing well, everything behind him falls into place.

We all know that the only reason that he still gets reps is because our DC is senile. But, what if he is really getting onto the field because coaches who work with him every day see him rounding (pardon the pun) into form and he is getting where he needs to be by playing regularly.
    How do you justify Mclendon getting only 6 snaps in a game? He was disruptive on two of his six snaps and caused negative plays for the defense?

Hampton has been consistently one of the worst nose tacke's this year.