Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How do you thoroughly dominate and only win by 4 points????

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility View Post
    Clark isn't my kid. Clark isn't even A kid. See the difference?
    That's why I said "it reminds me of..."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

they called him for a blow to the head genius.

go back and watch and tell me clark got anywhere near his head.

you are getting worked in here.

Starter

User Info Menu

Clark clearly saw the ball hit the ground and launched himself at Cruz well after the fact.[/QUOTE]

I find it interesting then that one of the writers at NFL.com said it could not have been a penalty for a late hit because the hit came while the ball was still in the air.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    they called him for a blow to the head genius.

go back and watch and tell me clark got anywhere near his head.

you are getting worked in here.
    The point is that Clark left a chance for the Giants after it had been eliminated. By simply paying attention to what was directly in font of him he has time to pull up.
    I can guarantee you if a Steeler receiver is taking that hit this board is screaming how dirty other teams' players are.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post

I find it interesting then that one of the writers at NFL.com said it could not have been a penalty for a late hit because the hit came while the ball was still in the air.
    the penalty was not a late hit, it was for going to the head. I have watched the replay several times now and Clark didn't touch his head. also, I highly doubt that Clark saw the ball touch the ground because the hit was almost instantaneous.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

On a day where the Steelers stopped the Giants 4 game winning streak, held Manning to 125 yards passing (one of the worst games of his career), came back from being down by 10, held the Giants twice in the 4th Q when needed, overcame numerous bad calls and it was all on a day where they had to travel the same day as the game and you're mad? You know who gets mad at today's game? A real a$$hole, that's who.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the penalty was not a late hit, it was for going to the head. I have watched the replay several times now and Clark didn't touch his head. also, I highly doubt that Clark saw the ball touch the ground because the hit was almost instantaneous.
    Well I watched it in super slow motion with HD... if I can see the ball hit the ground then surely a football player with a helmet on can see the football hit the ground.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    On a day where the Steelers stopped the Giants 4 game winning streak, held Manning to 125 yards passing (one of the worst games of his career), came back from being down by 10, held the Giants twice in the 4th Q when needed, overcame numerous bad calls and it was all on a day where they had to travel the same day as the game and you're mad? You know who gets mad at today's game? A real a$$hole, that's who.
    That, or a Giants fan...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You can see it here.

[URL]http://prosportsextra.com/ryan-clark-big-hit-on-victor-cruz/[/URL]

I'm pretty sure I was off when saying that the ball hit the ground well before Clark launched himself. It looks close. However, Clark could see his own man in front of Cruz for
    a good period of time before launching himself at Cruz. Yes obviously it was not a blow to the head. The ref brain farted there. Just like a ref will announce holding on 68
    when it was 78 who held.

The point isn't whether the call was BS or not. The point is that Clark had all the information in front of him necessary to see that the play was over and took a course of action that left a chance for a penalty call. In today's NFL, the chances of being called for late hits / roughing / etc. is pretty much known to be high. And yes, an argument could be made
    that the hit was unnecesary and could have been avoided. As well an argument can be made on Clark's behalf. But why leave a chance?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think I have been this happy in victory in a LONG time, that was a great game and a much needed win!
    I agree with you and Eddie. This was a huge win. On the road versus the defending super bowl champions on a day when the Steelers had to play the game the day they flew into New York? Huge win for me and regardless of how many points they won by. I feel geeked about this team.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash