Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Redman is my player of the game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I loved the performance by Redman. It's what I've been looking for from him all year now. That said, my game ball has to go to the offensive line. I've been a very vocal critic of the group, but damn, they are putting it together in the run game and pass protection.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I agree, it was a bad decision by Tomlin. He should had taken the points in that situation. Tomlin is fortunate that the team won because he would had never heard the end of it from select fans.
    People say it was a bad decision because it didn't work...

There were three possible outcomes:

1) Score at TD

2) Get a first and goal inside the 3

3) Turn the ball over on downs inside the 4

The defense was playing well...Tomlin was telling his D that he had faith in them (just as when he went for it on 4th down a few weeks ago, he told them the opposite)...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    People say it was a bad decision because it didn't work...

There were three possible outcomes:

1) Score at TD

2) Get a first and goal inside the 3

3) Turn the ball over on downs inside the 4

The defense was playing well...Tomlin was telling his D that he had faith in them (just as when he went for it on 4th down a few weeks ago, he told them the opposite)...
    This is what I was thinking as well. This was a go bold or go home type thing to me. If it didn't work, the consquenses were as minimal as they could be in a game like this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I loved the performance by Redman. It's what I've been looking for from him all year now. That said, my game ball has to go to the offensive line. I've been a very vocal critic of the group, but damn, they are putting it together in the run game and pass protection.
    I could see being critical of Gilbert but I think this OL is playing really good football when you count all the injuries.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I could see being critical of Gilbert but I think this OL is playing really good football when you count all the injuries.
    Playing real good and for the first time in recent memory we have two players (DeCastro and Gilbert) who could legitimately challenge for starting positions. I still want Starks for a couple more years.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Playing real good and for the first time in recent memory we have two players (DeCastro and Gilbert) who could legitimately challenge for starting positions. I still want Starks for a couple more years.
    Max Starks played about as well as I've ever seen him play yesterday, my fear is that another team makes him an offer the Steelers won't be able to afford to match.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Max Starks played about as well as I've ever seen him play yesterday, my fear is that another team makes him an offer the Steelers won't be able to afford to match.

I think Starks has a lot of loyalty to the organization especially Ben who has gone to bat for him several times. I could see him taking a little less to stay in a winning situation. Hopefully he mentors Wallace.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It was... and he did a great job of sealing the edge without touching anyone.
    Ah ---- I thought it was Sanders.....of course my vision was blurred at that moment because I was trying to keep my eyes on Flying Mike!

But I do prefer to give credit where credit is due --- Cotchery played well yesterday, and he helped spring that TD Reception by just being an obstacle in the way for the Giants.

L.B.

Backup

User Info Menu

Special teams - Very few penalties on Great runs by Rainy and Sanders. We killed the giants with hidden yardage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I don't want Gilbert anywhere near this offensive line. He has done too much damage with his non-physicality at the point of attack. Mike Adams is not consistent but at least he doesnt tumble backward onto his teammates legs or ankles.