Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Isaac Redman is my player of the game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Isaac Redman is my player of the game

awesome game, you gotta give him props for his performance today!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

no question.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agreed. I also think in hindsight the fake field goal was pretty slick, it just didn't work. If it did we'd be going nuts about it. A worthwhile gamble considering the way our D was playing. Redman sealed the deal in traditional steeler fashion and Mr. Quiet Mike Wallace changed the games momentum. Great win in all facets and honestly without a few of the REALLY BAD penalties against the Steelers we ran the show.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

For me it was Emmanual Sanders --- huge 3rd down reception, and of course the big punt return to put us in scoring position. He also played a part in helping Mike Wallace turn the corner for his TD Run.

Granted Ben Roethlisberger is probably always our MVP....it just kind of goes without saying.

L.B.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Redman is very bottom-heavy. Being short to begin with, his center of gravity just makes it extremely difficult for defenders. It looks like he is routinely getting YAC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    He also played a part in helping Mike Wallace turn the corner for his TD Run.
    FWIW I think that was Cotch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    FWIW I think that was Cotch.
    It was... and he did a great job of sealing the edge without touching anyone.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It was... and he did a great job of sealing the edge without touching anyone.
    Ah ---- I thought it was Sanders.....of course my vision was blurred at that moment because I was trying to keep my eyes on Flying Mike!

But I do prefer to give credit where credit is due --- Cotchery played well yesterday, and he helped spring that TD Reception by just being an obstacle in the way for the Giants.

L.B.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Agreed. I also think in hindsight the fake field goal was pretty slick, it just didn't work. If it did we'd be going nuts about it. A worthwhile gamble considering the way our D was playing. Redman sealed the deal in traditional steeler fashion and Mr. Quiet Mike Wallace changed the games momentum. Great win in all facets and honestly without a few of the REALLY BAD penalties against the Steelers we ran the show.
    On the road, down by three and the defense playing well, take the points and tie to put yourself in a position to win the game. It worked this time, but IMO, in that situation, you have to take the points and tie the game.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    On the road, down by three and the defense playing well, take the points and tie to put yourself in a position to win the game. It worked this time, but IMO, in that situation, you have to take the points and tie the game.

Pappy
    I agree, it was a bad decision by Tomlin. He should had taken the points in that situation. Tomlin is fortunate that the team won because he would had never heard the end of it from select fans.