Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where is the D Lebeau backers now ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lebeau's defense looked great today, holding the Giants' offense to well-below their 400+ ypg average. Seems they are coming together very well, even without Troy and 1/2 of James Harrison.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Not one blitz, just sit back and give Eli all day to sit in the pocket.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Best post ever

Not one blitz, just sit back and give Eli all day to sit in the pocket.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Lebeau's defense looked great today, holding the Giants' offense to well-below their 400+ ypg average. Seems they are coming together very well, even without Troy and 1/2 of James Harrison.
    The difference today, and in our other winning efforts this season, is that Timmons' number was called and he was sent after the QB and allowed to be a factor. When he does that, we seem to do well and win games.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

The difference between the Giants' D and the Steelers' D:

The Giants have a better pass rush...the Steelers don't have a pass rush as good, but what they have playing behind it is better and more disciplined...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The difference today, and in our other winning efforts this season, is that Timmons' number was called and he was sent after the QB and allowed to be a factor. When he does that, we seem to do well and win games.
    Yes, this was a big factor. But, it is also a gross oversimplification of what worked today. The cornerbacks and safeties played very well against the run and pass. Eli looked confused and often had to go to his 3rd option. IMHO, this was just as important (if not more so).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I admit that I had a premature moment and the defense looked great but the lack of blitzing will come back to haunt us in the end. And on a side note not once have I called any posters any insulting names and I ask that you give me the same respect. If you don't like my opinion just don't follow my threads.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Yes, this was a big factor. But, it is also a gross oversimplification of what worked today. The cornerbacks and safeties played very well against the run and pass. Eli looked confused and often had to go to his 3rd option. IMHO, this was just as important (if not more so).

I agree. The secondary did play a strong game. It's becoming clearer each week that Harrison is a shadow of himself. Unfortunately he is starting to look like the Ray Lewis we all complained about a couple of seasons ago getting late to the tackle and piling on.

Legend

User Info Menu

I admit that I had a premature moment and the defense looked great but the lack of blitzing will come back to haunt us in the end. And on a side note not once have I called any posters any insulting names and I ask that you give me the same respect. If you don't like my opinion just don't follow my threads.
    The name calling is just a few posters. Most on this board are great and contribute to good discussion by offering their thoughts and comments. Just ignore those who just hang around to criticize what others say.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree OV the ones who do it never provide their input just follow to criticize.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]