Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: this game is fixed, and they aren't even trying to hide it

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike really should have caught this ball and had 2 INTs yesterday, as for the hit by Clark it looks perfectly legal to me.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ike really should have caught this ball and had 2 INTs yesterday, as for the hit by Clark it looks perfectly legal to me.

Note that Clark not only hits with his shoulder -- the ball is also still very much in play. The referee ought to be fined and fired.

Legend

User Info Menu

unbelievable how judgement calls can decide games
    they really need to make these type of calls reviewable since they happen way too fast to accurately make a call
    If it lengthens the game, just take away some of the BS commercials

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    In my opinion the only difference between the replacements and the current group is the current group's ability to keep a game moving along smoothly form start to end; otherwise, the refereeing has been just as bad as when the replacements were making the calls (maybe, slightly better, not much).

Pappy
    Of course. And while people were screaming for the regular refs I was quietly chuckling that there was little difference in the calls other than 'legitimacy' of the reg refs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the only difference between the regular refs and the replacement refs........ the regular refs can make a bad call much quicker than the replacement refs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    the only difference between the regular refs and the replacement refs........ the regular refs can make a bad call much quicker than the replacement refs.
    sad but true, the calls themselves are just as bad but the flow of the game is better with real refs...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    Of course Ben's INCOMPLETE pass was a fumble....Thanks Rog!!!

JD

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The gif of Ben shows both sides of the debate pretty well I think.

Fumble: when his arm is hit, his ring and pinky fingers shift...the ball must already be coming out.

No-fumble: oh wait, what do you know, it was his fingers moving, not the ball, and his other three fingers held their grip on the ball until the momentum of throwing ruined any chance he had to re-grip it and tuck it away. That ball blatantly "pops" out of his fingers, if you know what I mean when I say that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    The gif of Ben shows both sides of the debate pretty well I think.

Fumble: when his arm is hit, his ring and pinky fingers shift...the ball must already be coming out.

No-fumble: oh wait, what do you know, it was his fingers moving, not the ball, and his other three fingers held their grip on the ball until the momentum of throwing ruined any chance he had to re-grip it and tuck it away. That ball blatantly "pops" out of his fingers, if you know what I mean when I say that.
    All I know is that Ben must have huge hands to be able to hold on to that ball, first after having his arm hit and then the forward momentum of trying to make a pass. He was almost able to hold on to the ball, incredible.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I bet if he didn't have the gloves on this would be a moot point because the ball would have never left his hand.