Thread: Proof Goodell Hates Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Proof Goodell Hates Steelers

Hurricane Katrina hits, they move the next NO game to NY.

Hurricane Sandy hits, they don't move the NY game to Pittsburgh.

The NFL set the precedent of moving games following a natural disaster.

We've all seen the pictures of NY/NJ. We've seen other sports from the NBA to the NY Marathon get cancelled. But not the NFL.

It's likely if the Giants were playing any other team, the game would have been moved.

Just not to Pittsburgh.

May James Harrison pee on you when you are not on fire.

Legend

User Info Menu

This game should not be in NJ, from a humanitarian point of view. My cousin lives 10 minutes away, she just got power yesterday, and many people in the county still don't have it (Sunday morning). Her neighbor was burning furniture in the fireplace because the temp was in the 40s and there was no heat, basically in the shadow of the stadium.

For Pete's sake, there is gas rationing going on in the entire state of NJ now! You can't buy gas except on alternate days, based on your license plate #. And they are opening up a stadium on the interstate for people to waste thst precious gas driving to?

Giants Stadium is 22 miles from Staten Island where they are still pulling bodies out. You can probably see Staten Island from the bleacher seats.

I think it is shameful, and I hope the stadium is empty, and there is a huge backlash against the people who made this decision.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

If it wasn't a New York team (or New England) the game would have been moved.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

That's messed up...

Legend

User Info Menu

The circumstances that happened in NO compared to NY are completely different. The Stadium in NO needed to be used as a shelter and was damaged. Giant's stadium is fully functional. Moving or cancelling the game isn't going to improve the situation for people in NY or NJ. I suspect that watching the Giants play will provide a break from the madness for football fans in NY and NJ.

Steelers and Giants fans can show their displeasure by boycotting the game by choosing not to watch on TV or by not going to the game. I don't believe boycotting the game is going to happen. Fans lean on entertainment when times are difficult.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    The circumstances that happened in NO compared to NY are completely different. The Stadium in NO needed to be used as a shelter and was damaged. Giant's stadium is fully functional. Moving or cancelling the game isn't going to improve the situation for people in NY or NJ. I suspect that watching the Giants play will provide a break from the madness for football fans in NY and NJ.

Steelers and Giants fans can show their displeasure by boycotting the game by choosing not to watch on TV or by not going to the game. I don't believe boycotting the game is going to happen. Fans lean on entertainment when times are difficult.
    The whole area got crapped on. Why burden folks with having to potentially eat the cost of their tickets on top of everything else? Public transportation to the game isn't an option. Gas is in short supply. Some fans cars were flooded. There's countless horror stories. And maybe it's a diversion for some, but for those that need real relief, the game doesn't matter.

The area's still a mess. The Giant's stadium isn't the issue. It's everything around the stadium.

I hope no one shows up to the game so the NFL has egg on their face. I hope Goodell looks like a douche after all this.

By no means am I boycotting the game. It just seems like there might have been a better option here.

Legend

User Info Menu

you needed more proof?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The whole area got crapped on. Why burden folks with having to potentially eat the cost of their tickets on top of everything else? Public transportation to the game isn't an option. Gas is in short supply. Some fans cars were flooded. There's countless horror stories. And maybe it's a diversion for some, but for those that need real relief, the game doesn't matter.

The area's still a mess. The Giant's stadium isn't the issue. It's everything around the stadium.

I hope no one shows up to the game so the NFL has egg on their face. I hope Goodell looks like a douche after all this.

By no means am I boycotting the game. It just seems like there might have been a better option here.
    I guess we will find out if it's a huge a burden for Giant's fans to attend the game. Somehow, I don't believe it's a huge burden on fans to attend the game at Giant's stadium. A larger burden and unfair advantage would had been to move the game from Giant's stadium. Using a few gallons of gas isn't going to make or break anyone's week. I don't believe playing a football game is going to take away relief from people. Time is what's needed under the current circumstances. The recovery isn't going to happen over night.

Seriously, you should boycott the game if you are that unhappy about the situation.

I am still don't know how anyone can accuse Goodell of hating the Steelers because the NFL decided to play this game???