Thread: I knew about the Steagles, of course, but the Card-Pitts ... not so much!

Legend

User Info Menu

I knew about the Steagles, of course, but the Card-Pitts ... not so much!

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Card-Pitt[/URL]

A merger of the Chicago Cardinals and the Steelers, for one year only (1944). Besides the nick name (The "Car-Pitts" ... they were
    0-10 ), the most interesting thing I learned about them is that (ex-boxer) Art Rooney came out of the owners box to join a brawl on the field that eventually had to be broken up by the police!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm surprised that there wasn't as much emphasis on the history of Card-Pitt in 1944 prior to SBXLIII against the Cardinals (Whis and Grimm vs. their former employers took precendent, I suppose). You hear more about the Steagles prior to the Steelers-Eagles regular season matchup every 4 years than you heard about Card-Pitt prior to the Cardinals-Steelers Super Bowl.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

A good book...a fun football history read:

[URL]http://www.amazon.com/Last-Team-Standing-Steelers-Eagles--/dp/B000WCNXHS/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1352040550&sr=1-1&keywords=steagles[/URL]