Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keenan Lewis is developing into a top-notch CB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    that's essentially what happened with timmons, but you didn't complain.

oh yeah, he is one of your pets, so he gets a pass.

No. You are wrong. Timmons had more starting time than Lewis has when he resigned his contract. Since you are wrong as usual in your desire to "stalk" my posts let me help educate you.

Timmons was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers 15th overall in the 2007 NFL Draft. In his rookie season, he played in 16 games recording 13 tackles.
    Timmons' playing time increased during his second season in 2008. He finished the season with 65 tackles, five sacks and an interception. In Super Bowl XLIII he recorded 5 tackles in the 27-23 victory over the Arizona Cardinals.
    Timmons took over as starter for the 2009 season following the release of Larry Foote, who had wanted out due to Timmons's increasing playing time. Foote would return to the Steelers the following year to be Timmons' backup.
    In 2010, despite getting less acclaim than many on the Steelers defense, he led the team in tackles with 135, also recording 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 2 interceptions.
    On August 23, 2011, the Steelers gave Timmons a six-year/$50 million contract extension. At the time, he was entering the last year of his rookie contract.
    As you can see, Timmons was a significant contributor for several seasons before he resigned unlike Lewis who we now will have a big decision on. But keep trying like the the "Little Engine Who Could"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

timmons was was rewarded with a new deal based largely on one productive season and "potential".

the FO will have to make a similar decision with Lewis.

Backup

User Info Menu

that's essentially what happened with timmons, but you didn't complain.

oh yeah, he is one of your pets, so he gets a pass.
    It would be more pleasant if you tried to make your debate points more on merit and less on trashing the guy that doesn't agree with you. In your world, if someone has an opposing view, then they must have an agenda, or they are haters, or they just can't admit that they are wrong. Nobody can say anything bad about Mike Wallace wihout getting an earful. Now that Crash disappeared, can't we all just get along?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

tell that to the guy with over 10,000 posts who feels the need to do the same.

personally I don't really care if you like my posts or not.

Legend

User Info Menu

tell that to the guy with over 10,000 posts who feels the need to do the same.

personally I don't really care if you like my posts or not.

To set the record straight. I don't "stalk" your posts like you do mine. I both agree and disagree with your posts depending on merit. As steelnavy correctly points out you hate the fact that we disagree and rarely offer your own assessment but merely complain about what I post. I have strong opinions in some areas and i have some conviction in this opinions. The reason I love this site is because many can handle that and offer their own opinions. I learn things everday from guys like Ruthless, Hawaian, Chadman who always post thoughtful well informed information. Many times better than I.

Much like you, i don't care whether you like my posts or not but don't try to convince folks that this isn't a personal thing you have. It is way too obvious.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you flatter yourself ovi.

I don't know or even care about you personally but when you accuse me of stalking your posts, I just have to laugh. You post your opinions numerous times in every single thread that pops up here. There wouldn't be any to post in if I chose to ignore you, which I don't. I just get weary of you spouting the same tired rhetoric in every single thread we have here and also I don't have to "convince folks" of anything. I will leave that up to you. You are pretty good at it.

Legend

User Info Menu

As for Lewis being elite or not, an elite corner would have made the pick on the ball that hit him in the chest in TN. Lewis has played very well - he had great games against the Bengals and Washington - but that play may come back to haunt the Steelers at the end of the season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Keenan Lewis! 3 big plays in the first quarter already.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Keenan Lewis! 3 big plays in the first quarter already.
    He's really stepping up his game the last few weeks. Would like to see some development from Allen/Brown too.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This game is rigged. The call on Lewis was phantom, the a PF 15 yd call on Clark for a blow to the head that never happened. Both garbage.