Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Keenan Lewis is developing into a top-notch CB

  1. #31
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would tend to agree with what you are saying. Unless we consistently get to the QB we will have problems.
    Yup, pressuring the quarterback is the key and they have been getting better at least in providing pressure, they may not be getting the sacks, but that's because once quarterbacks feel pressure they tend to get rid of the ball and, it's that haste in delivering the ball that tends to cause errant throws by even the best quarterbacks in the game (including Ben).

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  2. #32
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,846
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Yup, pressuring the quarterback is the key and they have been getting better at least in providing pressure, they may not be getting the sacks, but that's because once quarterbacks feel pressure they tend to get rid of the ball and, it's that haste in delivering the ball that tends to cause errant throws by even the best quarterbacks in the game (including Ben).

    Pappy
    IMO sending Timmons more often is the key. Opponents focus on the outside with Harrison and Woodley. Moving Timmons around and sending him up the middle or looping to the outside seems to be effective.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #33
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,035
    Keenan Lewis will be a UFA next season. He will want 4 million per at least.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  4. #34
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Keenan Lewis will be a UFA next season. He will want 4 million per at least.

    Worth it. Easily.

  5. #35
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Keenan Lewis will be a UFA next season. He will want 4 million per at least.
    If that is all he wants, sign him up now. Even average CBs can make that much money. Keenan is not average.

  6. #36
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If that is all he wants, sign him up now. Even average CBs can make that much money. Keenan is not average.
    It really sucks that we get productivity of 1 year and then have to sign these guys to long term deals. Timmons was the same way. We need to get productivity from these guys earlier in their careers.

  7. #37
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,042
    CB Lewis praised

    Tomlin praised the play of cornerback Keenan Lewis, who leads the team with 15 passes defensed, nearly double those of the next highest, Ike Taylor with eight.

    Lewis also has moved into the No. 4 spot on the team with 31 tackles and has a forced fumble to his credit.

    "I think the arrow has been pointed up with Keenan," Tomlin said. "More than anything, he's been consistently challenging and competing with just about every throw. I think that's a great place for solid corner play to begin, to challenge throws consistently. He has done that, has been productive and has been a big component of why we've been hot, particularly on the back end in recent weeks."

    The arrow has gone way up on Lewis at ProFootballFocus.com, where the play of each NFL player is analyzed and ranked. Earlier, Lewis ranked 91 out of 100 cornerbacks. He has improved to a tie for 43. PFF ranks nickel back Cortez Allen in a tie for 26 and Taylor at 63.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...ravens-660967/

  8. #38
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,846
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Keenan Lewis will be a UFA next season. He will want 4 million per at least.
    And that will be $4M less to pay Wallace if he keeps his demands ridulously high. This will be the toughest off season in memory. Could be a big turnover in personnel.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And that will be $4M less to pay Wallace if he keeps his demands ridulously high. This will be the toughest off season in memory. Could be a big turnover in personnel.
    We could always let Lewis go, sign Wallace, then go to the CFL and sign Joe Burnett to replace Lewis.

  10. #40
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,999
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    It really sucks that we get productivity of 1 year and then have to sign these guys to long term deals. Timmons was the same way. We need to get productivity from these guys earlier in their careers.
    What about Lewis makes you think he was ready earlier? He was an absolute mess as a rookie (fellow rookie CB Joe Burnett was better back then, and he's playing Canadian football now). In year 2, he showed some promise in camp and the first couple of preseason games, but then had a complete physical, mental, and emotional breakdown in Denver that showed that he still wasn't ready to be a regular contributor to the defense (but the team saw enough potential in him the he was worth keeping around, even if he wasn't contribute much at all on defense). In year 3, he progressed to the point that he was a solid 3rd corner for us. In year 4, he progressed to the point that he is a solid starter. I have no problem whatsoever with this career arc. Certainly better than throwing him into the fire prematurely and destroying his confidence because he is playing before he is ready.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •