Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Keenan Lewis is developing into a top-notch CB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    What if Troy/James are healthy? I'm not buying these guys are easy cuts. Besides Ben, these are our 2 best players if healthy. 1 more year out of either of them could be a chance at 1 more SuperBowl.

With the cap problems we may run into, we better win this year's SuperBowl
    James Harrison and Polamalu aren't going to be cut. I agree. I see both taking less money if it really did come down to financials and they still wanted to continue playing. Harrison from what I understand still isn't back to 100% strength. We also need to acknowledge that both players are in vastly different situations than say a Hines Ward or James Farrior. There isn't someone waiting in the wings for playing time. The Steelers drafted Spence and still had Foote with James and with Troy it's Mundy and Will Allen. Allen has been a pleasant surprise but he's no Troy replacement. Let's just hope they both can get healthy and we can really see what either have left. You have to think Harrison is getting close, no clue with Troy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Would it be in their best interest to meet Lewis in the middle and give him $7 million a year (we've seen what he gives us in 1 season as a 3rd corner, and a half season so far as a starter) or give Wallace $10 million a year (we've seen what he gives us with his rookie season as the 3rd wideout and a starter ever since).
    Wallace reportedly turned down $10 million a year this past offseason...he'll be looking for more than that.