Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading over the Mid Season Hump...Who on the Bench Will Step Up in the 2nd Half??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heading over the Mid Season Hump...Who on the Bench Will Step Up in the 2nd Half??

Heading over the Mid Season Hump...Who on the Bench Will Step Up in the 2nd Half??

So far we've seen DWYER step up, COLON is settling into his new position and FOSTER has elevated his game.

But I was thinking Defensively:
    -A Run Stuffer on the Line like McClendon
    -Who's gonna get to the QB and add some pressure?
    -How about someone who can make a few key INTs???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

You're just begging someone to say Bench Wally.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You're just begging someone to say Bench Wally.
    LoL, no way. I say ride him til his tires fall off before he leaves.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    LoL, no way. I say ride him til his tires fall off before he leaves.
    I agree. Use him like an old plough horse and run his legs off.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

On defense, I think Keenan Lewis will step up with some second half takeaways. He's covering well, and has 12 passes defensed so far...I think he converts some of those to INT's in November and December.

On offense, I still think DeCastro will be able to contribute late in the season and into the playoffs. While our OL is starting to gel as it currently stands, with our OL luck, I can't see them remaining completely healthy throughout the rest of the season (especially since we seemed to be losing 2 o-linemen per game to injury earlier this season). If either of the guards get hurt, DeCastro should be able to come in and contribute (I like that Kugler's been keeping him involved with mental reps by having him chart the games on the sidelines while injured), and if either of the tackles get hurt before Gilbert is able to come back, we may have to move Colon or Foster outside to fill in, thereby opening up a spot for DeCastro at guard as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully Troy

Legend

User Info Menu

on defense, I'm saying Troy.

offensively, Chris Rainey...

Steelers’ Rainey expands role on offense

By Ralph N. Paulk
    Published: Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Steelers' Chris Rainey carries for a touchdown during the fourth quarter of the Steelers' 24-17 victory over the Bengals on Sunday, Oct. 21, 2012, at Paul Brown Stadium.

Rookie running back Chris Rainey is beginning to settle into the Steelers’ offense.

He’s carried the ball eight the times the past two games after having only seven the first five games.

“I’m starting to get involved in more plays, so every opportunity I get, I’m going to take it,” he said. “I’ll do whatever it takes to help the team win. I’m still working on special teams but just have to be patient. I know I’m not a starter, but I’ll do whatever it takes.”

Rainey has averaged 3.9 yards on 15 carries and has eight receptions. He’s also averaging 27.2 yards on kickoff returns.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2873029-85/numbers-games-rainey-steelers-eight-giants-lie-takes-whatever-yards#ixzz2BBaAQW6N[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a hunch that it's gonna take until year 2 until we really see what we can get out of Rainey. He's lightning quick, but I think he needs to get a little stronger and used to the speed of the game before we see the game click for him.

I'm gonna vote for Troy and Mendy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I have a hunch that it's gonna take until year 2 until we really see what we can get out of Rainey. He's lightning quick, but I think he needs to get a little stronger and used to the speed of the game before we see the game click for him.

I'm gonna vote for Troy and Mendy.

I agree. If both can get healthy we can ride them in the second half of the season.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm going to say Will Allen. He's getting involved more every game he's in and who knows when Troy is coming back.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!