Thread: Arians Picks Mike over Maurkice Pouncey

Legend

User Info Menu

Arians Picks Mike over Maurkice Pouncey

[URL="http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/01/arians-says-mike-pouncey-is-better-than-maurkice/"] Arians says Mike Pouncey is better than Maurkice [/URL]

Posted by Teresa Varley on November 1, 2012 – 4:11 pm

[URL="http://nflcomsteelers.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/pouncey01_vs_eagles_10072012.jpg"][/URL]

Former Steelers’ offensive coordinator and current Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, who is serving as the team’s head coach during Chuck Pagano’s illness, was asked about the Miami Dolphins offense during a conference call with the Miami media in advance of their game this weekend.

In praising the Dolphins offensive line, Arians gave props to Mike Pouncey, while saying he is better than his twin brother Maurkice whom Arians coached while with the Steelers.

“I think they have a great young offensive line. When you’ve got Jake Long and (Mike) Pouncey, I think Mike’s better than Maurkice and make sure you tell Maurkice I said that,” said Arians. “I’m sure Mike will. They got a nice young line and Reggie (Bush) is a home run hitter and the quarterback is playing good.

“They’ve got a couple solid receivers. They’re pieces there but when you build it off that running game and offensive line, that’s a great place to start.”

Pouncey learned of the comments after practice on Thursday, and laughed about it.

“I don’t mind it at all,” he said. “I am actually happy for Mike. Let him get all of the publicity in the world. If that is my mark, it’s in my family, I am down with it. He can be the best.”
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Glad Maurkice didn't argue.

1) You look selfish and immature, arguing you are better than your own brother.
    2) Hard to argue, when your brother is out there every Sunday, and you take weeks of work off for your ankle.

Legend

User Info Menu

Now we know that not only is BA a below average OC, he's a poor evaluator of talent and a bit of a douche to boot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sounds like BA said it because he joked around with Maurkice about it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I hope he said that to joke around with Maurkice. Otherwise, why say that? What a tool.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I totally read that as he was poking fun at Maurkice ... like it was some kind of inside thing. Maybe Arians use to pick fun at Maurkice and say they were gonna draft his brother to replace him. I really doubt he'd say "you can tell Mike that" if he wasn't teasing.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

I hope Maurkice takes it personally and vents his frustration on the Giants' D-Line...