Thread: I knew about the Steagles, of course, but the Card-Pitts ... not so much!

I knew about the Steagles, of course, but the Card-Pitts ... not so much!

A merger of the Chicago Cardinals and the Steelers, for one year only (1944). Besides the nick name (The "Car-Pitts" ... they were
    0-10 ), the most interesting thing I learned about them is that (ex-boxer) Art Rooney came out of the owners box to join a brawl on the field that eventually had to be broken up by the police!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    I'm surprised that there wasn't as much emphasis on the history of Card-Pitt in 1944 prior to SBXLIII against the Cardinals (Whis and Grimm vs. their former employers took precendent, I suppose). You hear more about the Steagles prior to the Steelers-Eagles regular season matchup every 4 years than you heard about Card-Pitt prior to the Cardinals-Steelers Super Bowl.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A good book...a fun football history read: