Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hampton, Keisel, Hood: Hands down the worst 3-4 line in the league per PFF

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hampton, Keisel, Hood: Hands down the worst 3-4 line in the league per PFF

Per Pro Football Focus (A very respected group):

Through the first eight weeks, Casey Hampton, Brett Keisel, and Ziggy Hood have been the hands-down worst 3-4 defensive line in the league. In 359 combined run snaps, they have just 12 defensive stops. In 499 combined pass rushes, they’ve pressured the quarterback just 13 times.
    [url]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/02/3tfo-steelers-giants-week-9/[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think PFF understands the Steelers' system. Do they even know the primary role of the DL in our system? I doubt it. Our line is soooooooooooooooo bad, that they anchor the #2 over all D in the entire NFL. OK, sounds horrible.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't think PFF understands the Steelers' system. Do they even know the primary role of the DL in our system? I doubt it. Our line is soooooooooooooooo bad, that they anchor the #2 over all D in the entire NFL. OK, sounds horrible.
    Pleeeeeaaaase. You telling me that the Steelers play such a unique brand of 3-4 for that their D-line can't be compared to any other 3-4 D line in the league?

Notice they didn't say the worst "D-line" in the league. They said the worst 3-4 D line in the league.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Pleeeeeaaaase. You telling me that the Steelers play such a unique brand of 3-4 for that their D-line can't be compared to any other 3-4 D line in the league?

Notice they didn't say the worst "D-line" in the league. They said the worst 3-4 D line in the league.
    Oh, OK, so how do these teams with "superior D lines" rank in total defense? Hmmmmmm. I am sure ALL those D lines are soooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the Steelers that they give up more yards than do the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Oh, OK, so how do these teams with "superior D lines" rank in total defense? Hmmmmmm. I am sure ALL those D lines are soooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the Steelers that they give up more yards than do the Steelers.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? You're confusing the issue. A team can have great 3-4 d line and suck at LB'ers and Secondary and have a crappy team defense. The point is that the Steelers LB'ers and Secondary are carrying the Steelers right now. Show's you how well our other players are doing compared to our crappy d-line. Get it together maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? You're confusing the issue. A team can have great 3-4 d line and suck at LB'ers and Secondary and have a crappy team defense. The point is that the Steelers LB'ers and Secondary are carrying the Steelers right now. Show's you how well our other players are doing compared to our crappy d-line. Get it together maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
    If the DL was as bad as they claim, the over all D wouldn't not be 2nd in the entire NFL, no way. In Pgh's 3-4, the main goal for the DL is to clog up the O line from getting blocks on the LBs. That is priority 1 and they must not doing THAT bad at the job, or their #s would be far worse. What, are you claiming that our DBs are so super superior that our DL can suck and they make up for it? OUR backfield? Right now, AZ, Balt., GB, Dallas, Houston, Colts, KC, NE, NYJ, SD, SF, Skins are all in 3-4 Ds. As of now, NO TEAM has a better passing D, ONE team is ranked ahead of Pgh on over all D (SF), and only four of those teams have a better rushing D. We know our DL men don't make splash plays. They never have. Even in our days of our very best 3-4 DL we had little in terms of plays they are referring to. Their job is to CLOG. And if they don't do that job, our D would quickly turn into a real crap turd. But as of now, we are #2 over all in the entire NFL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I join in this thread and talk liiiiiiiiiiike thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis toooooooooooooo?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I join in this thread and talk liiiiiiiiiiike thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis toooooooooooooo?
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really could care less about rankings for a 3-4 line. Do they keep the other team from scoring? Do they get off the field after 3rd down?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe some good bulletin board motivation for this Sunday.

On the other hand, the Giants' pass rush is a concern; they are really good. Hope we can run through those guys and make them play the run first.