Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post

No, it doesn't mean much; it only means we give up the 2nd least yards in the entire NFL. Do you SF has a good D? You do? Well, they happen to give up less yards than any other team, so, some how, their D ranking is relative, but with Pgh, it is not. Do you think Houston has a good D? I do. They just so happen to rank 3rd in D rank, so their D rank is indicative of their strength of D, but again, when it comes to Pgh, their ranking is meaningless, while the other high ranking teams ranks seem accurate. Wow, that's weird. Do you think the Saints have a good D? You don't? They happen to rank last, so their ranking is indicative as well, it's just the Steelers who have a ranking not relative to the truth, I guess.>
Bullcrap. SF and Houston both give up low yardage and get after the quarterback. Our D is ranked in yardage, but is having a very pitiful year for putting pressure on the QB. The worst since 1988. That is directly tied to how poorly the D-line is playing.

There are about 14 or 15 teams playing the 3-4 right now. There are maybe one or two teams who's D-line I wouldn't take over ours right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post

The TOP stat is meaningless and deceptive. Anyone with eyes can tell that the offense isn't really that good at TOP, just like you say about the defensive ranking. <insert sarcasm and rolling of eyes>
Ha ha. The D rankings are completely relative. What matters is how many points you are giving up. This team only plays D at home. Look at the points per game they give up on the road versus home.

This D-line is playing pathetically right now.