Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life without DeCastro, get used to it

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If "breakout" means lucky another player got hurt
    i guess you were right. Do you honestly believe he would be playing if DeCastro didn't get injured?
    I think if former undrafted free agent Ramon Foster has a crushing block that allows former undrafted free agent Isaac Redman to run for a TD tomorrow, your head is going to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think if former undrafted free agent Ramon Foster has a crushing block that allows former undrafted free agent Isaac Redman to run for a TD tomorrow, your head is going to explode.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend
    Considering that we have to shed salary before trying to re-sign the likes of Mike Wallace (UFA), Keenan Lewis (UFA), Rashard Mendenhall (UFA), Jonathan Dwyer (RFA), Isaac Redman (RFA), Emmanuel Sanders (RFA), etc. whether or not we are able to re-sign UFA Ramon Foster really says nothing about what the team truly thinks of the guy. With wunderkind guard DeCastro coming back from injury, there may not be enough money left to keep Foster next year (unless they can save some money by releasing Colon and replacing him with Foster...not sure what the dead money penalty would be for cutting Colon, though, so I'm not sure if that is realistic).
    Despite being a backup, Foster has pretty much become a starter with all the games he's played. I suspect he wants and probably deserves starter money which we won't likely be able to pay.

With all the FAs, Foster is likely gone imho because someone else will commit to him as a starter.

Legend
    As long as the Steelers win I could care less who makes it happen.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!