Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mendy, JD out, Redman will carry the load

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendenhall spins before contact...Redman spins after contact.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mendenhall spins before contact...Redman spins after contact.
    That's a good observation but I am not sure of the importance of that difference. However, I think Mendenhall's spinning is blown out of proportion somewhat because I think he spins much less the less couple years, than he did at the beginning. I don't think he did a spin move in his limited appearance this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good thing Dwyer and Mendenhall don't have the running style Redman does, or they'd probably be injured...oh, wait...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Batch also missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday (haven't heard about today). If Batch can't go either (no Mendenhall, no Dwyer, no Batch) then we can't possibly go into the Giants game with just Redman and Rainey at RB (with FB Will Johnson as the emergency option). We'd have to sign another RB off the street for Sunday, no?
    I just read an updated injury report this morning that has Batch listed as probable with some sort of shin injury, so I assume he's going to be able to go tomorrow.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Good thing Dwyer and Mendenhall don't have the running style Redman does, or they'd probably be injured...oh, wait...

Well played, sir!

Personally, I think that if the line continues run blocking for Redman like they did for Dwyer, Redman could have a comparable day...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

Well played, sir!

Personally, I think that if the line continues run blocking for Redman like they did for Dwyer, Redman could have a comparable day...
    IR (strange, those are his initials) is no where near the back of JD. He doesn't have the ability to break plays long like JD. He is slow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

Well played, sir!

He only does that in the playoffs (Redman's 121 rushing yards on 17 carries against the Broncos in the playoffs last year nearly equals the 127 rushing yards he has for this entire season on 50 carries).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lioydroid said it best"there is a reason Redman went undrafted." he is an adequate back up but he is not able to carry the load as a #1. I think this season has shown that to be true. We just need to pull for him that he can have one of his random great games tomorrow.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Lioydroid said it best"there is a reason Redman went undrafted." he is an adequate back up but he is not able to carry the load as a #1. I think this season has shown that to be true. We just need to pull for him that he can have one of his random great games tomorrow.
    lol... and there is a reason JD went in the 6th...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lol... and there is a reason JD went in the 6th...

and a reason why James Harrison went undrafted.

oh wait...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha