Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Mendy, JD out, Redman will carry the load

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026

    Mendy, JD out, Redman will carry the load

    So the revolving door at RB continues. Usually a quad doesn't make you miss much time but I guess it can; JD should be back next week. Mendy's injury could be more serious than they are letting on; I said, when I heard it was an Achilles, that it could be season ending. It still could be. I think not having JD hurts our chances for a win. He was a difference maker, as we have ALL seen.

    Now the question is, I took a flier on Redman after having a very week RB unit in my FF league (this, after I had the wisdom to sign JD, and the impatience to cut him) do I start him? My other options are Fred Jackson and Andre Brown (the rest of my backs are on a bye).

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,359
    This is a real concern given Redman's performance so far. I guess Ben will be slinging the ball 40+ times this Sunday. With the Giants pass rush that could be a problem
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This is a real concern given Redman's performance so far. I guess Ben will be slinging the ball 40+ times this Sunday. With the Giants pass rush that could be a problem
    There's a reason no one bothered to draft Redman. I'd rather have a legit full back to take short yardage runs any how.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,359
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    There's a reason no one bothered to draft Redman. I'd rather have a legit full back to take short yardage runs any how.
    Don't say that out load. He has some in a "man love" relationship with him because he came from a small school (Little Engine that Could Complex) so he gets bonus love points whether he produces consistently or not.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't say that out load. He has some in a "man love" relationship with him because he came from a small school (Little Engine that Could Complex) so he gets bonus love points whether he produces consistently or not.
    Well, to each their own. I also think he got love because Mendy is so frustrating with his stutter steps and spins, and Red is void of any moves even coming close to those. But like I said before the season ever started: His style will have him hurt for a large % of the season, and that prediction has been true so far.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,840
    Isaac Redman in, Jonathan Dwyer out for Steelers

    Posted by Josh Alper on November 2, 2012, 2:55 PM EDT
    Getty Images
    The face of the Steelers backfield is changing again.


    It looks like Isaac Redman will be the feature back for the Steelers in their abbreviated trip to New Jersey this weekend after running back Jonathan Dwyer missed practice Friday with a quad injury. Dwyer is listed as doubtful, although Mike Bires of the Beaver County Times reports that the decision has already been made to keep Dwyer out of the lineup.


    Its bad timing for Dwyer, who had run for more than 100 yards in each of the last two games with Redman and Rashard Mendenhall out of the lineup. Mendenhall is also doubtful and also not expected to play, which means Redman will be the main driver of any ground attack the Steelers can muster on Sunday afternoon. That could wind up meaning more dinking and dunking for Ben Roethlisberger if Redman isnt able to move the chains as well as Dwyer.


    On defense, the Steelers should have linebacker LaMarr Woodley and safety Ryan Clark. Clark is listed as probable and Woodley was optimistic about his chances of playing after taking part in practice on Friday.


    Its looking good, Woodley said, via Dan Gigler of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Weve got another day, maybe a half a day to prepare to go out there on Sunday. Looks like Ill give it a try. I felt good out there in practice, I ran pretty hard. It felt good.


    That about does it for this installment of As the Pittsburgh Injury Report Turns.

  7. #7
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,075
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    But like I said before the season ever started: His style will have him hurt for a large % of the season, and that prediction has been true so far.
    I give you props, you went out on a limb and made some very bold predictions about our RBs before the season began and so far you have been spot on.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Well, to each their own. I also think he got love because Mendy is so frustrating with his stutter steps and spins, and Red is void of any moves even coming close to those. But like I said before the season ever started: His style will have him hurt for a large % of the season, and that prediction has been true so far.
    You are wrong that Redman is void of spins. Redman spins more than Mendenhall does. I can't see where people have missed that. I don't think a spin move is necessarily a bad thing though. Now Dwyer hasn't done a spin, that I have seen. Just breaks a tackle and gets going, I like it, but maybe he still doesn't understand how to condition himself, because he seems to get hurt a bit easily.

  9. #9
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,259
    Batch also missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday (haven't heard about today). If Batch can't go either (no Mendenhall, no Dwyer, no Batch) then we can't possibly go into the Giants game with just Redman and Rainey at RB (with FB Will Johnson as the emergency option). We'd have to sign another RB off the street for Sunday, no?

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    You are wrong that Redman is void of spins. Redman spins more than Mendenhall does. I can't see where people have missed that. I don't think a spin move is necessarily a bad thing though. Now Dwyer hasn't done a spin, that I have seen. Just breaks a tackle and gets going, I like it, but maybe he still doesn't understand how to condition himself, because he seems to get hurt a bit easily.
    OK, then let me specify: Mendy seems to do too many things that often cause him to be "in neutral" instead of just hitting or making a hole. Even if Redman spins, no one can claim he delays as many runs as Mendy does - no way. If anything, Redman attacks the defense while doing anything BUT delaying in the hole. He may spin, but he doesn't delay. RM is a dancer who never figured out the NFL game. You can't waste time at the LOS. You CAN allow you blocks to set up, but there is a fine line between that and allowed too many tacklers to get to you while you delay.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •