Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mendy, JD out, Redman will carry the load

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    IR (strange, those are his initials) is no where near the back of JD. He doesn't have the ability to break plays long like JD. He is slow.
    And neither have shown the heart and toughness to be anything more than a backup.

I swear, I'm so sick of these two pussies sitting out every time they ache. Hey idiots! It's FOOTBALL. If you think you have to be 100% to play NFL football, just turn in your f'n playbook and GTFO. Dwyer is BALLING, and he gets a f'n CHARLIE HORSE (which I'm guessing is what it is), and he SHUTS IT DOWN. F'n Terrell Suggs tore his ACHILLES, and says "Let me try it out in Week 8". Emmitt Smith separates his shoulder in the freezing cold on the hard Meadowlands turf, and he says "Tape me up".

These two f'n pussies get a hangnail, and race each other to the trainer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    And neither have shown the heart and toughness to be anything more than a backup.

I swear, I'm so sick of these two pussies sitting out every time they ache. Hey idiots! It's FOOTBALL. If you think you have to be 100% to play NFL football, just turn in your f'n playbook and GTFO. Dwyer is BALLING, and he gets a f'n CHARLIE HORSE (which I'm guessing is what it is), and he SHUTS IT DOWN. F'n Terrell Suggs tore his ACHILLES, and says "Let me try it out in Week 8". Emmitt Smith separates his shoulder in the freezing cold on the hard Meadowlands turf, and he says "Tape me up".

Word. It seems to apply to a large percentage of this team this season.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Word. It seems to apply to a large percentage of this team this season.
    Too bad Hines left and took his hyperbaric chambers with him. These guys could use em.

I think we'll be ok with Redman and Rainey this week. I see a lot of screens coming to slow down the pass rush.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

Quotes like this are hilarious...mostly, because they lack any hint of irony...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Quotes like this are hilarious...mostly, because they lack any hint of irony...
    I think it's hilarious that the Alanis Morrisette song "Ironic" lacks any real irony (pretty much just all unfortunate situations).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kenny Phillips will miss another game for Giants
    Posted by Mike Florio on November 4, 2012, 9:11 AM EST

When the Giants try to tame the Steelers’ potent passing game, the home team won’t have safety Kenny Phillips.

Again.

A league source tells PFT that Phillips will miss his fifth straight game on Sunday, due to a knee injury suffered on September 30 against the Eagles.

Listed as questionable, Phillips fully participated in practice on Wednesday, but he then was a limited participant on Thursday and Friday. Phillips said on Thursday that he’ll play.

It ended up being wishful thinking, driven undoubtedly by the fact that his replacement, Stevie Brown, was named the NFC defensive player of the week for his performance against the Cowboys.

Indeed, Brown currently is listed as the starter on the team’s depth chart, with Phillips showing up as his understudy.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/04/kenny-phillips-will-miss-another-game-for-giants/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Kenny Phillips will miss another game for Giants
    Posted by Mike Florio on November 4, 2012, 9:11 AM EST

When the Giants try to tame the Steelers’ potent passing game, the home team won’t have safety Kenny Phillips.

Again.

A league source tells PFT that Phillips will miss his fifth straight game on Sunday, due to a knee injury suffered on September 30 against the Eagles.

Listed as questionable, Phillips fully participated in practice on Wednesday, but he then was a limited participant on Thursday and Friday. Phillips said on Thursday that he’ll play.

It ended up being wishful thinking, driven undoubtedly by the fact that his replacement, Stevie Brown, was named the NFC defensive player of the week for his performance against the Cowboys.

Indeed, Brown currently is listed as the starter on the team’s depth chart, with Phillips showing up as his understudy.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/04/kenny-phillips-will-miss-another-game-for-giants/[/URL]
    I'll take all the help we can get
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Today's Inactive List:

Steelers: S Troy Polamalu, QB Charlie Batch, DT Alameda Ta'amu, RB Rashard Mendenhall, O T Marcus Gilbert, LB Stevenson Sylvester, RB Jonathan Dwyer

Giants: DE Adewale Ojomo, TE Bear Pascoe, S Kenny Phillips, LB Jacquian Williams, LB Chase Blackburn, TE Adrien Robinson, LB Keith Rivers

Legend

User Info Menu

Would any of you care to take back some of your comments on Redman? There is nothing wrong with Redman or his running. He may not be a franchise back but I see Redman, Mendenhall, and Dwyer as interchangeable.

For Mendenhall's career, he is averaging about 62 yds/gm. This is well below top 10 talent. The OL gets some blame certainly, but in the last 10 years a legit franchise RB averages at least 80 yds/gm over a season. As others have stated, 1000 yd RBs are a dime-a-dozen any more given the number of games played in a season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Would any of you care to take back some of your comments on Redman? There is nothing wrong with Redman or his running. He may not be a franchise back but I see Redman, Mendenhall, and Dwyer as interchangeable.

For Mendenhall's career, he is averaging about 62 yds/gm. This is well below top 10 talent. The OL gets some blame certainly, but in the last 10 years a legit franchise RB averages at least 80 yds/gm over a season. As others have stated, 1000 yd RBs are a dime-a-dozen any more given the number of games played in a season.
    If you are talking about me, I don't take back anything I've said. He still has A LOT to prove to me, because I have high expectations for him. I've been a big supporter of him, and was very disappointed in the way he (and Dwyer) neglect to seize playing opportunities. The biggest thing to me is the lack of urgency these two have shown, as if starting RB opportunities grow on trees. As someone who thought/thinks he has the capabality to be a 1,000-yard rusher, I don't like to see him ask out of games when he is tired, dinged, etc. when he has so much to prove, as a young back. (The same goes for Dwyer, who took the week off because he got a charlie horse. This could've been him we were talking about, rolling up three straight 100-yard games and people starting to mention him for a big future contract.)

I'm happy to see his game this past week, but I don't step back from anything I said.