Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Mendy, JD out, Redman will carry the load

  1. #11
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,648
    Mendenhall spins before contact...Redman spins after contact.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mendenhall spins before contact...Redman spins after contact.
    That's a good observation but I am not sure of the importance of that difference. However, I think Mendenhall's spinning is blown out of proportion somewhat because I think he spins much less the less couple years, than he did at the beginning. I don't think he did a spin move in his limited appearance this year.

  3. #13
    Good thing Dwyer and Mendenhall don't have the running style Redman does, or they'd probably be injured...oh, wait...

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,866
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Batch also missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday (haven't heard about today). If Batch can't go either (no Mendenhall, no Dwyer, no Batch) then we can't possibly go into the Giants game with just Redman and Rainey at RB (with FB Will Johnson as the emergency option). We'd have to sign another RB off the street for Sunday, no?
    I just read an updated injury report this morning that has Batch listed as probable with some sort of shin injury, so I assume he's going to be able to go tomorrow.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Good thing Dwyer and Mendenhall don't have the running style Redman does, or they'd probably be injured...oh, wait...


    Well played, sir!

    Personally, I think that if the line continues run blocking for Redman like they did for Dwyer, Redman could have a comparable day...

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post


    Well played, sir!

    Personally, I think that if the line continues run blocking for Redman like they did for Dwyer, Redman could have a comparable day...
    IR (strange, those are his initials) is no where near the back of JD. He doesn't have the ability to break plays long like JD. He is slow.

  7. #17
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post


    Well played, sir!

    Personally, I think that if the line continues run blocking for Redman like they did for Dwyer, Redman could have a comparable day...
    He only does that in the playoffs (Redman's 121 rushing yards on 17 carries against the Broncos in the playoffs last year nearly equals the 127 rushing yards he has for this entire season on 50 carries).

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,571
    Lioydroid said it best"there is a reason Redman went undrafted." he is an adequate back up but he is not able to carry the load as a #1. I think this season has shown that to be true. We just need to pull for him that he can have one of his random great games tomorrow.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Lioydroid said it best"there is a reason Redman went undrafted." he is an adequate back up but he is not able to carry the load as a #1. I think this season has shown that to be true. We just need to pull for him that he can have one of his random great games tomorrow.
    lol... and there is a reason JD went in the 6th...

  10. #20
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,462
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lol... and there is a reason JD went in the 6th...

    and a reason why James Harrison went undrafted.

    oh wait...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •