Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How good must Alameda Ta’amu be......

Legend

User Info Menu

How good must Alameda Ta’amu be......

.......for the Steelers to not cut him? I have a feeling that he is going to be as good as Hampton in his prime or at least the Steelers think so. To hang on to him through all his on and off the field troubles, it just baffles the mind. Anyone have thoughts on this?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LOL ! Yep, once I read the title of this thread I sure did laugh out loud. I don't now how the Steelers really feel about the player the person. Maybe they want to direct his life in the right path and to do that they feel a persons life is worth a team spot. Just guessing because it really surprised me to see the Steelers welcome him back. There might be legal stuff with the NFL, his contract, the CBA and what have you that we probably are not aware of. I'm sure somewhere down the line the Steelers have a method to their madness.
    I hope this young man well and that he curbs his rage or whatever you would call it. I am a firm believer our team, front office is the best sooooooo, I'm sure they are doing what is best for the team and the player. I would like to remain positive about all of it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Why cut him before the legal process has even started? Once that happens there is no doubt they (steelers) will do something about it as will the NFL. But until that happens why throw him to the streets? Keep him on the team, help him work on his problem with teammates surrounding him for support. He doesn't deserve a break, but he is young help him learn from his mistakes.

Also I am interested to see what the NFL will do there have been a couple alcohol related things this year on other teams and separate issues, they let Donte Stallworth, and Ray Lewis play after their 'incidents'

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL... maybe the Steelers aren't throwing him to the curb because they need him. I'm pretty sure if Heath was performing like Casey Hampton and we didn't have any other options at TE Saunders would still be on the team.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Dan Rooney has said previously that each incident is considered on a case-by-case basis...we don't know all of the circumstances...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Dan Rooney has said previously that each incident is considered on a case-by-case basis...we don't know all of the circumstances...
    Exactly....speculation and the court of public opinion means nothing.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree this doesn't mean a whole lot at this point. Also, it might not matter what the NFL and the Steelers want to do...I believe we are talking about 15 counts with some felonies mixed into that. Who is to say he won't spend some significant time in prison?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

For some historical perspective, once upon a time Fats Holmes shot up a police helicopter following his rookie season. He remained on the team for 5 more seasons following this incident.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    For some historical perspective, once upon a time Fats Holmes shot up a police helicopter following his rookie season. He remained on the team for 5 more seasons following this incident.
    And while Ta'amu may have had a bad night and serious lapse in decision making, Fats Holmes was indeed cerifiably crazy!!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And while Ta'amu may have had a bad night and serious lapse in decision making, Fats Holmes was indeed cerifiably crazy!!!!!!
    My Dad brought Holmes to my 2nd Bday party and there is a photo of him holding me in my Grandfathers chair. I looked like a mini football in his hands.

They used to party together. Holmes was a generous guy and loved Aliquippa but since he didn't know anyone from that area he would scoop my Dad up to run the town. My Dad said he never witnessed Holmes acting crazy but he loved his booze and drugs... but you didn't want to get on his bad side. He kept a pistol on him at all times.