Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justin Tuck: Steelers line gets 'away with murder'

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Geez...the Giants have something to say before every game. Didn't their OC comment about the Niners Defense heading into that game and the fact that Justin Smith defensively holds on every play. Then I think Jason pierre paul got into a verbal confrontation through the media about the cowboys. Its every week with these cry babies. play football!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Could the Giants be scared of us?
    Let's see.....Romo just lit them up for over 400 passing yards so.....I'd say they are scared of everyone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

James Harrison is the one who should have been complaining about this over the past several years.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

The entire concept of holding is an issue. How many times have we seen James Harrison get mugged and no call?

I really hate the fact that holding is just called whenever the officials want. And often when they decide to call holding, it negates a big play and the announcers call it a ticky-tack call.

They should just legalize holding for the O-Line and require all offensive lineman to wear boxing gloves so they can't grab anything by hand. The main goal of the league is to protect the QB's anway. So, whatever they can do (with boxing gloves on) to keep their QB clean, let'em do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    The entire concept of holding is an issue. How many times have we seen James Harrison get mugged and no call?

I really hate the fact that holding is just called whenever the officials want. And often when they decide to call holding, it negates a big play and the announcers call it a ticky-tack call.

They should just legalize holding for the O-Line and require all offensive lineman to wear boxing gloves so they can't grab anything by hand. The main goal of the league is to protect the QB's anway. So, whatever they can do (with boxing gloves on) to keep their QB clean, let'em do.
    An old fashion Deacon Jones punch to the head should do the job.

As an aside, we had new neighbors move in about a year ago, and their youngest son was named Deacon. It wasn't until about a month or so after they moved it that I made the connection that their last name was also Jones. Now that the new sitcom about the alien neighbors has come out (with the Larry Bird, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Dick Butkus, and Reggie Jackson family...my kids love that show), it seems even more odd to have neighbors with a little white toddler with curly blonde hair was named Deacon Jones.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers @ Giants, Week 9

by Peter Damilatis | 2012/11/02

Mike Adams vs. Justin Tuck

Few positional groups have been as scrutinized over the past few seasons as the Steelers’ offensive line. We graded them with the second-worst Pass Blocking Efficiency in 2010, and they were still below-average last year. After first-round pick David DeCastro tore his MCL in the preseason, hopes for any improvement this year grew dim. However the unit has done well, partially thanks to their other top draft pick, Mike Adams. In two starts since right tackle Marcus Gilbert injured his ankle, the rookie out of Ohio State has allowed just four QB pressures on 76 pass-block snaps. He’s also earned a +1.7 run block grade over the past two weeks, as the Steelers had 25 rushes for 164 yards to his side.

Adams may face his toughest test yet this Sunday in Justin Tuck, depending on which version of the DE shows up. In 24 starts over the past two seasons, Tuck has earned a grade of -1.0 or worse in eight games, and a grade of +1.0 or better in six. After catching fire during the Giants’ playoff run last season, the veteran defensive end has been inconsistent again this season. He didn’t tally his first QB pressure until Week 3, and seven of his 17 pressures came in one game against the 49ers. However, his 9.0 Run Stop % is the fourth-highest mark among 4-3 DEs. If Tuck rediscovers his dominance, then he could overmatch the rookie. But if the veteran doesn’t bring his top game, Adams will continue his hot streak.

[URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/02/3tfo-steelers-giants-week-9/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tuck should run for political office.

Watch the Giant DB's hold all over the field, instead.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Geez...the Giants have something to say before every game. Didn't their OC comment about the Niners Defense heading into that game and the fact that Justin Smith defensively holds on every play. Then I think Jason pierre paul got into a verbal confrontation through the media about the cowboys. Its every week with these cry babies. play football!
    I agree, Justin should shut the Tuck up and let his play do his talking...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha