Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justin Tuck: Steelers line gets 'away with murder'

Legend

User Info Menu

Justin Tuck: Steelers line gets 'away with murder'

Tuck: Steelers line gets 'away with murder'

November, 1, 2012
    By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has only been sacked four times in his past four games and didn't get sacked at all last Sunday against the Washington Redskins. Pittsburgh's improved pass protection isn't the result of better blocking, according to Giants defensive lineman Justin Tuck.

"I hope we get some holding calls because they have gotten away with murder," Tuck told ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "They've done a very good job protecting Ben -- they don't hold on every play. But we've seen a whole lot of it."

Protecting Roethlisberger is a major storyline for Sunday's game between the Steelers and Giants. Roethlisberger has only been sacked 13 times in seven games this season. Of the quarterbacks who have thrown at least 200 passes, only six quarterbacks have been sacked less than Roethlisberger.

The Steelers have decreased their sacks without an increase in penalties. The seven linemen who have started for the Steelers this season have been called for holding five times, and left guard Willie Colon has accounted for four of them.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/58148/tuck-steelers-line-gets-away-with-murder[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Now that's some grade A bulletin board material!
    "Let's see...who do we play next Sunday?"

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e152/dart5219/BeliCheat.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Decleater View Post
    Now that's some grade A bulletin board material!
    It's also a pre-emptive signal. I'm guessing that the Giants will be asking for a LOT of holding calls. We'll see if the refs bite.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It's also a pre-emptive signal. I'm guessing that the Giants will be asking for a LOT of holding calls. We'll see if the refs bite.
    If not, they could always rip their own helmets off and curse out the refs a la DeAngelo Hall!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Maybe all those head bob false starts of Eli's should also be called to the ref's attention -- not to mention all the holding done by their DB's'
    "Let's see...who do we play next Sunday?"

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e152/dart5219/BeliCheat.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If not, they could always rip their own helmets off and curse out the refs a la DeAngelo Hall!
    I wouldn't mind as long as they were all ejected like he was.

Legend

User Info Menu

Could the Giants be scared of us?

Legend

User Info Menu

Has any team been held as much as Woodley and Harrison get held? It's laughable to suggest our OL is getting away with more than the OL who have Harrison in headlocks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Could the Giants be scared of us?
    I think they see an improving OL and are trying to get an edge. The short passing game Haley uses should be a concern for everyone we play because it works.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think they see an improving OL and are trying to get an edge. The short passing game Haley uses should be a concern for everyone we play because it works.
    $$$
    Take it as a good sign that Tuck is complaining about our OL holding...no one was complaining about them the past couple of years...