Thread: Steelers and Ravens in the bottom four of cap room

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers and Ravens in the bottom four of cap room

Steelers 1.1 million under the cap.

Ravens 1.4 million under the cap.

No matter what happens the rest of this year, we are going to see big changes. We are predicted to be 30 million dollars over the cap for next year because the cap is going to be flat for 2013. I could see Taylor, Polamalu, Harrison, Hampton gone from this team next year or come back at extremely reduced salary.

The Ravens will be either franchising or signing Flacco to a long term contract.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/01/current-cap-spac-nflpa-version/[/url]
    Last edited by BigRob; 11-01-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can't wait 2-3 years for guys to develop. We have to have bodies on the field now. As you point out, the players of the past decade will be leaving real soon or are already gone.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Just salaries

Ben - 10 million
    Troy - 9 million
    James - 9 million
    Heath - 7 million
    Casey - 5 million
    Woodley - 5 million
    Kiesel - 4.5 million
    Ike - 4 million
    Timmons - 4 million
    Mendy - 3.5 million
    Foote - 3.5 million

Casey, Kiesel, Ike, Mendy and Foote are taking up 20.5 million in just salary (no idea about prorated signing bonuses). I don't know if Troy, James and Heath have any room to restructure or not, Ben has already restructured once, maybe twice. The off season is going to be interesting to some of the core veterans that have made this team great for the better part of 10 years.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Just salaries

Ben - 10 million
    Troy - 9 million
    James - 9 million
    Heath - 7 million
    Casey - 5 million
    Woodley - 5 million
    Kiesel - 4.5 million
    Ike - 4 million
    Timmons - 4 million
    Mendy - 3.5 million
    Foote - 3.5 million

Casey, Kiesel, Ike, Mendy and Foote are taking up 20.5 million in just salary (no idea about prorated signing bonuses). I don't know if Troy, James and Heath have any room to restructure or not, Ben has already restructured once, maybe twice. The off season is going to be interesting to some of the core veterans that have made this team great for the better part of 10 years.

Pappy
    Foote and Mendy's money will be completely off the books, but what is the cap hit/dead money on the other players is the real question. I know we would save about 5.5 million by cutting James.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Foote and Mendy's money will be completely off the books, but what is the cap hit/dead money on the other players is the real question. I know we would save about 5.5 million by cutting James.

If they cut Foote, who do they have? Don't get me wrong I think we have to have better. They will just have to replace that by likely signing a free agent because none of the young guys have demonstated they can step in.

I think they will try to resign Mendy. The market for RBs, especially ones with ACL surgery, is not usually very robust. This year has shown that you have to have two or even three very good RBs. Redman would probably be the easier RB to replace, but because of that he is cheaper. RB will be interesting to watch.

Unless harrison turns into a demon the second half I think you have no choice but to let him go or make him play for less. Same for Troy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If they cut Foote, who do they have? Don't get me wrong I think we have to have better. They will just have to replace that by likely signing a free agent because none of the young guys have demonstated they can step in.

I think they will try to resign Mendy. The market for RBs, especially ones with ACL surgery, is not usually very robust. This year has shown that you have to have two or even three very good RBs. Redman would probably be the easier RB to replace, but because of that he is cheaper. RB will be interesting to watch.

Unless harrison turns into a demon the second half I think you have no choice but to let him go or make him play for less. Same for Troy.
    I agree with you about Foote. I don't think he is a cut. He is a solid player in the middle for us and he isn't that expensive for a starting linebacker. I hate to say it but Jimmy Hate is probably in for a big pay cut ... The Diesel also. Troy should also take a cut but I don't think they will ask him to do that.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just salaries

Ben - 10 million - may restructure
    Troy - 9 million - ba bye. Dude can't stay healthy; F paying him to wear a hoodie
    James - 9 million - depends if he ends up whole again.
    Heath - 7 million - fine
    Casey - 5 million - gone
    Woodley - 5 million - fine
    Kiesel - 4.5 million
    Ike - 4 million
    Timmons - 4 million
    Mendy - 3.5 million - gone
    Foote - 3.5 million - not sure

I am glad we will be over the cap that much; it will force them to make the decisions that need made. Bye bye Troy and Casey and Mendy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Just salaries

Ben - 10 million - may restructure
    Troy - 9 million - ba bye. Dude can't stay healthy; F paying him to wear a hoodie
    James - 9 million - depends if he ends up whole again.
    Heath - 7 million - fine
    Casey - 5 million - gone
    Woodley - 5 million - fine
    Kiesel - 4.5 million
    Ike - 4 million
    Timmons - 4 million
    Mendy - 3.5 million - gone
    Foote - 3.5 million - not sure

I am glad we will be over the cap that much; it will force them to make the decisions that need made. Bye bye Troy and Casey and Mendy.

Casey renegotiated his salary downward this off-season and is only making $2.8 million.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Now who is earning that pay:

Ben - 10 million--Yes
    Troy - 9 million--No
    James - 9 million--No
    Heath - 7 million--Yes
    Casey - 5 million--No
    Woodley - 5 million--No
    Kiesel - 4.5 million--Maybe
    Ike - 4 million--Maybe
    Timmons - 4 million--Yes
    Mendy - 3.5 million--Maybe
    Foote - 3.5 million--Yes

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Now who is earning that pay:

Ben - 10 million--Yes
    Troy - 9 million--No
    James - 9 million--No
    Heath - 7 million--Yes
    Casey - 5 million--No
    Woodley - 5 million--No
    Kiesel - 4.5 million--Maybe
    Ike - 4 million--Maybe
    Timmons - 4 million--Yes
    Mendy - 3.5 million--Maybe
    Foote - 3.5 million--Yes
    Mendy maybe? 74 yards for $3.5 million? Please.