Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers and Ravens in the bottom four of cap room

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Foote will be a free agent after this season (so will Mendenhall and Hampton).
    Yep, and their figures are not included in the cap for next year. We are projected to be 30 million over the cap without factoring in these players or Keenan Lewis (URFA next year). Big Big changes coming.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Foote will be a free agent after this season (so will Mendenhall and Hampton).
    Dang, I thought Foote had another year on his deal.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just salaries

Ben - 10 million - may restructure
    Troy - 9 million - ba bye. Dude can't stay healthy; F paying him to wear a hoodie
    James - 9 million - depends if he ends up whole again.
    Heath - 7 million - fine
    Casey - 5 million - gone
    Woodley - 5 million - fine
    Kiesel - 4.5 million
    Ike - 4 million
    Timmons - 4 million
    Mendy - 3.5 million - gone
    Foote - 3.5 million - not sure

I am glad we will be over the cap that much; it will force them to make the decisions that need made. Bye bye Troy and Casey and Mendy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Now who is earning that pay:

Ben - 10 million--Yes
    Troy - 9 million--No
    James - 9 million--No
    Heath - 7 million--Yes
    Casey - 5 million--No
    Woodley - 5 million--No
    Kiesel - 4.5 million--Maybe
    Ike - 4 million--Maybe
    Timmons - 4 million--Yes
    Mendy - 3.5 million--Maybe
    Foote - 3.5 million--Yes
    Mendy maybe? 74 yards for $3.5 million? Please.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Just salaries

Ben - 10 million - may restructure
    Troy - 9 million - ba bye. Dude can't stay healthy; F paying him to wear a hoodie
    James - 9 million - depends if he ends up whole again.
    Heath - 7 million - fine
    Casey - 5 million - gone
    Woodley - 5 million - fine
    Kiesel - 4.5 million
    Ike - 4 million
    Timmons - 4 million
    Mendy - 3.5 million - gone
    Foote - 3.5 million - not sure

I am glad we will be over the cap that much; it will force them to make the decisions that need made. Bye bye Troy and Casey and Mendy.

Casey renegotiated his salary downward this off-season and is only making $2.8 million.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Steelers 1.1 million under the cap.

Ravens 1.4 million under the cap.

No matter what happens the rest of this year, we are going to see big changes. We are predicted to be 30 million dollars over the cap for next year because the cap is going to be flat for 2013. I could see Taylor, Polamalu, Harrison, Hampton gone from this team next year or come back at extremely reduced salary.

The Ravens will be either franchising or signing Flacco to a long term contract.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/01/current-cap-spac-nflpa-version/[/URL]
    I read on a site that I believe we are not supposed to link, that we are only 13 mill over the cap for next season. Now, after we resign our RFAs and maybe resign Wallace, we could be about 27 mill over the cap. But, that site suggests that cutting and restructuring will get us in good shape (even if we resign Wallace). The only tough cuts I saw were Harrison and possibly Ike.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I read on a site that I believe we are not supposed to link, that we are only 13 mill over the cap for next season. Now, after we resign our RFAs and maybe resign Wallace, we could be about 27 mill over the cap. But, that site suggests that cutting and restructuring will get us in good shape (even if we resign Wallace). The only tough cuts I saw were Harrison and possibly Ike.
    Every figure I have read has stated we will be almost 30 million over once we account for bonuses and RFA tenders that must be issued. We have quite a lot of RFA's correct?