Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is Mendy likely to go?

Legend

User Info Menu

Just a few weeks ago, we were all pining for Mendenhall to return. I did not see if Dwyer practiced yesterday, but he did get a bit banged up on his last play against the Redskins.

I'm not a big Mendenhall fan, but if the Steelers can bring Mendenhall back at a reasonable rate, they should. He and Dwyer would make nice complimentary backs, and if nothing else, you need 2 or 3 backs over the course of a season, even as the league moves to more of a passing league. We saw how Dwyer/Redman worked out early this year, and I think going into next season with just Dwyer, Redman, Batch and Rainey is a big risk.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Just a few weeks ago, we were all pining for Mendenhall to return. I did not see if Dwyer practiced yesterday, but he did get a bit banged up on his last play against the Redskins.

I'm not a big Mendenhall fan, but if the Steelers can bring Mendenhall back at a reasonable rate, they should. He and Dwyer would make nice complimentary backs, and if nothing else, you need 2 or 3 backs over the course of a season, even as the league moves to more of a passing league. We saw how Dwyer/Redman worked out early this year, and I think going into next season with just Dwyer, Redman, Batch and Rainey is a big risk.
    Yes to this. mendenhall playing is a difference maker that complements Dwyer. Redman not so much as you correctly pointed out we saw earlier this season.

I also agree that a combination of Dwyer, Redman, Batch and Rainey is a whole lot of wishing and hoping. Hoping Dwyer stays focused and in even better shape than this year. Hoping that Redman can stay helthy. Hoping Batch can take the next step to be a reliable Mdwelde Moore substitute. Hoping Rainey can stay healthy and take the pounding in an increased role. Keeping Mendy, if healthy, goes a long way to stabilizing things and avoid some risks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"