Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What caused DeAngelo Hall to go bat-guano crazy near the end of the game?

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

What caused DeAngelo Hall to go bat-guano crazy near the end of the game?

I was at the game, and couldn't tell from my upper deck bleacher seat vantage point what set Hall off to the point that he would be so abusive toward the refs that he got himself ejected from the game. Just wondering...

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I was at the game, and couldn't tell from my upper deck bleacher seat vantage point what set Hall off to the point that he would be so abusive toward the refs that he got himself ejected from the game. Just wondering...
    No clue, it looks as innocuous as can be, even in replays, but he calmly removes his helmet to talk (which is a no-no) and then he just lashes out and needs to be restrained.

Here's the video from the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington...-Hall-ejection

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 10-31-2012 at 04:09 PM.

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

according to an article I read in yahoo sports, DeAngelo Hall complained that Emmanuel Sanders had cut blocked him earlier and the referees hadn't called it.

I think Hall's reaction was out of frustration and because he has always had a predisposition to be reactionary and lose his temper.

Legend
    Sanders had a "potty mouth" and hurt his feelings
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

What I'm hearing here in the DC area is Shanahan and Hall are saying Sanders had Hall in a full nelson and took him down on the play. I certainly didn't see it that way. Then Hall says when he went to the official to ask him why he didn't throw a flag on Sanders the Ref started giving him a rash of crap. That's when Hall went berserk. They are now searching for camera views which would show what the official said.

I'm sure 'The Daniel' has already hired the best lip readers that money can buy who will tell us what the ref said.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    What I'm hearing here in the DC area is Shanahan and Hall are saying Sanders had Hall in a full nelson and took him down on the play. I certainly didn't see it that way. Then Hall says when he went to the official to ask him why he didn't throw a flag on Sanders the Ref started giving him a rash of crap. That's when Hall went berserk. They are now searching for camera views which would show what the official said.

I'm sure 'The Daniel' has already hired the best lip readers that money can buy who will tell us what the ref said.
    they're talking about it on ESPN right now and they said Hall is claiming Sanders grabbed his face mask and Hall asked the referee why there was no penalty on the play and then both of them started yelling at each other.

Send DeAngelo an autographed Bumblebee Prison #88 jersey.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Legend
    Manny has a little fight in him and Hall got a little frustrated with him.

I looked it over a couple of times and to me it seems like here was no issues between Sanders and Hall after the play or nothing more than just pushing away from each other as many players do. All a big misunderstanding and tempers got the best of one player and possibly an official. Best thing to do is just forget about it after having a Ward Clever type talk with both of them. It's a heated game and these things happen.
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick