Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2012 Week 9 – Redskins

Backup

User Info Menu

Redundant Thoughts 2012 Week 9 – Redskins

deleted...
    Last edited by redundantman; 09-03-2014 at 02:58 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

16. Perspective: Sorry guys, I can’t get past the idea that we are treading water until about 8 PM EST on December 2nd. At that point we will know the mettle of this team. By that point the offense will either settle down or it won’t. By that point the Steelers should have some injured players back or they won’t. And I’d think the Steelers would do well to adopt a bit of that mindset. Keep it simple, win the division.
    Well said. I agree. It's really up to the team to dig deep and man up. But, it feels good to know that this core has done it before and that it is there if they want it.

Rats suck.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

16. Perspective: Sorry guys, I can’t get past the idea that we are treading water until about 8 PM EST on December 2nd. At that point we will know the mettle of this team. By that point the offense will either settle down or it won’t. By that point the Steelers should have some injured players back or they won’t. And I’d think the Steelers would do well to adopt a bit of that mindset. Keep it simple, win the division.
    We need to do a lot more than tread water until Dec. 2nd or it will be too late to do anything. The next 4 weeks will define what we are as a team...contenders or pretenders?????
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

well done again thanks for posting

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I always pictured Redundantman Studios being in a dark, damp basement. Think horror movie.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Redundantman
    10. Much is being made of the idea that this offense is a “dink and dunk” offense. Clearly the offense has changed under Haley. This week was the first time it appeared consistent and effective.
    Yup, there it is; it has looked different, but the results were the same (middle of the pack). This game was a start to finish type of game for the offense and the Steelers will need this to be the norm and not the exception this year. The defense isn't from 2008 and they need to spend as little time on the field as possible.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    4.119 -
    4.120 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Yup, there it is; it has looked different, but the results were the same (middle of the pack). This game was a start to finish type of game for the offense and the Steelers will need this to be the norm and not the exception this year. The defense isn't from 2008 and they need to spend as little time on the field as possible.

Pappy
    However, the main difference between the Haley offense and past offenses is that Ben's TD-to-INT ratio is nearly 5-to-1, and he is averaging less than 2 sacks per game. When our defense is not producing turnovers or sacking the QB, it is important that our QB isn't turning the ball over or getting sacked himself either (and that's exactly what's happening this year).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy

Bingo Pappy! We have to be an offensive based team this year. The defense isn't up to carrying the load like they have in years past.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

deleted...

Backup

User Info Menu

deleted...