Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2012 Week 9 – Redskins

Backup

User Info Menu

deleted...
    Last edited by redundantman; 09-03-2014 at 02:58 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

deleted...
    Last edited by redundantman; 09-03-2014 at 02:59 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

deleted...

Backup

User Info Menu

deleted...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So far under the Haley regime I think the offense is much improved over the Arians era. The higher scores/blowouts will come once the defense starts getting the ball and special teams stops blocking people in the back, holding, running out of bounds, and whatever else they do to help the other team.

Now where do I get one of those useless boxes?
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redundantman View Post
    I live in Houston Texas ... what are these "basements" you speak of?
    Drive to San Antonio. Look around inside the Alamo. When you find this, you are in the basement:

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Drive to San Antonio. Look around inside the Alamo. When you find this, you are in the basement:

Hey, NEPA, don't be dissin' THE Alamo!

(You knew I'd be posting, didn't you?! It's not that I mind all that much, but that GhettoScott can be pretty hard to control sometimes ... )

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Hey, NEPA, don't be dissin' THE Alamo!

(You knew I'd be posting, didn't you?! It's not that I mind all that much, but that GhettoScott can be pretty hard to control sometimes ... )
    The only place in Texas that I have been to is Dallas, but my wife has been to San Antonio before, and in our dining room we have a framed picture that she took of the Alamo as well as 2 more framed pictures that she took of your Riverwalk. She said that she wants to bring the family there at some point in the future, and I'll certainly let you know if that ever comes to pass.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

That would be nothing short of awesome!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    However, the main difference between the Haley offense and past offenses is that Ben's TD-to-INT ratio is nearly 5-to-1, and he is averaging less than 2 sacks per game. When our defense is not producing turnovers or sacking the QB, it is important that our QB isn't turning the ball over or getting sacked himself either (and that's exactly what's happening this year).
    This is all true; however, the offense as a whole is still middle of the pack, no different than Bruce Arians offense at this point. It only functions differently, short passes, keep the QB healthy, take shots when you get them as opposed to very vertical, Ben scrambling making something out of nothing and rarely taking the check down. The problem is that the red zone is still an issue and the Steelers aren't scoring as much as is necessary. As a fan, I can't worry whether Ben plays one more year or one more decade, if the Steelers aren't doing any better with the new "style" what's the purpose?

When the Redskins game on offense becomes the norm and 27 points (which would put them at 4th in scoring offense) becomes habitual then the new offense will be making a difference. As of right now, they are dead in the middle at number 16 in scoring offense (they were 20th last year), so to me, moving up 4 spots isn't enough to coronate Haley as greater than Arians, he's simply going about being mediocre in a different manner.

The new style may allow Ben to get another hefty contract (due to being healthy enough to continue playing) to add to his already rather large financial reserve, but if it doesn't produce more deep runs in the playoffs or Super Bowls, as a fan it doesn't really matter and it may as well have been Arians running the offense.

If 27 points per game becomes the norm, rather than 21,22 or 23, and whether its against the worst or best defense then the change will be substantial (although, this wouldn't guarantee winning, it would put them in a better position to win in today's game.) and then Haley will have made a difference.

Right now, I see a different way of getting to the same place, like taking the alternate route from Google maps rather than the primary route, you get to the same place, just using different roads.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount