Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DeCasto Decison Soon Upon Us

Legend

User Info Menu

if DeCastro comes back we have to keep Gilbert as far away from him as possible...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

This week will be a test for our O-line.
    Giants are great up front

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

but Foster still sucks, right?

lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    but Foster still sucks, right?

lol
    Ramon Foster is playing very well right now...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley is the biggest reason this line is playing with some swag. Quick passes have given this OL some confidence...and it has leaked out into a nastiness that has been embraced specifically by Colon.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if DeCastro comes back we have to keep Gilbert as far away from him as possible...
    At this point, I'm thinking keep Gilbert as far away from ANYONE on this team as possible. I'd be calling Arians or Whiz to see if they'd be interested in dealing for him. Seriously.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    At this point, I'm thinking keep Gilbert as far away from ANYONE on this team as possible. I'd be calling Arians or Whiz to see if they'd be interested in dealing for him. Seriously.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. It is way too early to give up on a young lineman who started all of last season for us and did well. It's not like we have a record of success finding these guys.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. It is way too early to give up on a young lineman who started all of last season for us and did well. It's not like we have a record of success finding these guys.
    Agree.

Max Starks is doing a great job but he won't be playing forever. Steelers will need a young OT in near future. I am hoping it will be Mike Adams and Marcus Gilbert as future OT for Steelers.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

The way that the line as a whole is playing, there is certainly no rush to bring DD back. If he is healthy with no risk of re-injury, then I would activate him but keep him as a backup until Foster loses the job. The offensive line is playing great as a group right now and I would not upset that cohesion.

There is zero doubt in my mind that DeCastro will be a better player than Foster, but I wouldn't bench Foster until it is dictated by performance. Similarly, I would not rush to reinsert Gilbert while Adams is playing well.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The way that the line as a whole is playing, there is certainly no rush to bring DD back. If he is healthy with no risk of re-injury, then I would activate him but keep him as a backup until Foster loses the job. The offensive line is playing great as a group right now and I would not upset that cohesion.

There is zero doubt in my mind that DeCastro will be a better player than Foster, but I wouldn't bench Foster until it is dictated by performance. Similarly, I would not rush to reinsert Gilbert while Adams is playing well.
    There is always a risk of injury or re-injury.

If he feels confident to come back and play and the doctors/coaches agree then I say bring DD back.

I do agree about with your Foster comment. Until he basically loses the job, keep him in.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.