Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DeCasto Decison Soon Upon Us

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. It is way too early to give up on a young lineman who started all of last season for us and did well. It's not like we have a record of success finding these guys.
    I agree. I'd keep Adams at RT. I see him being a better fit there anyway. And Gilbert can be the long term replacement for Max.

I also think Foster could be a long term answer at RT. Just like we had Colon out of position at RT, I think the same of Foster at RG. As much as our line's been banged up, I'm not going to be surprise if DD comes back, something happens to our RT and Foster ends up in that spot next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I agree. I'd keep Adams at RT. I see him being a better fit there anyway. And Gilbert can be the long term replacement for Max.

I also think Foster could be a long term answer at RT. Just like we had Colon out of position at RT, I think the same of Foster at RG. As much as our line's been banged up, I'm not going to be surprise if DD comes back, something happens to our RT and Foster ends up in that spot next year.
    I think Foster's greatest value is as a jack of all trades back-up. We will know what the Steelers think of him in the upcoming off season when he is a free agent.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Are the rules for coming off the "injured-reserve/designated-to-return" list the same as coming off the PUP list where the player can get a few weeks of practice in before a roster move has to be made to add him to the 53 man roster?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Are the rules for coming off the "injured-reserve/designated-to-return" list the same as coming off the PUP list where the player can get a few weeks of practice in before a roster move has to be made to add him to the 53 man roster?
    From what I have read so far, I think he gets 3 weeks of practice before decision time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. It is way too early to give up on a young lineman who started all of last season for us and did well. It's not like we have a record of success finding these guys.
    You'll change your tune after he comes back and takes out a couple more of our players...

Besides, he's Charmin SOFFFTTT...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    You'll change your tune after he comes back and takes out a couple more of our players...

Besides, he's Charmin SOFFFTTT...
    He wasn't soft last year starting 13 games and being named the Steelers Rookie of the Year. I have a feeling he has been nursing a nagging injury that has effected his play.

I remember similar "kicking him while he's down" and negative statements being made about a player named Max Starks who has essentially saved this team two years in a row. If Gilbert is the next Max Starks I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"