Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: DeCasto Decison Soon Upon Us

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. It is way too early to give up on a young lineman who started all of last season for us and did well. It's not like we have a record of success finding these guys.
    I agree. I'd keep Adams at RT. I see him being a better fit there anyway. And Gilbert can be the long term replacement for Max.

    I also think Foster could be a long term answer at RT. Just like we had Colon out of position at RT, I think the same of Foster at RG. As much as our line's been banged up, I'm not going to be surprise if DD comes back, something happens to our RT and Foster ends up in that spot next year.

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,454
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I agree. I'd keep Adams at RT. I see him being a better fit there anyway. And Gilbert can be the long term replacement for Max.

    I also think Foster could be a long term answer at RT. Just like we had Colon out of position at RT, I think the same of Foster at RG. As much as our line's been banged up, I'm not going to be surprise if DD comes back, something happens to our RT and Foster ends up in that spot next year.
    I think Foster's greatest value is as a jack of all trades back-up. We will know what the Steelers think of him in the upcoming off season when he is a free agent.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #23
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,358
    Are the rules for coming off the "injured-reserve/designated-to-return" list the same as coming off the PUP list where the player can get a few weeks of practice in before a roster move has to be made to add him to the 53 man roster?

  4. #24
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,321
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Are the rules for coming off the "injured-reserve/designated-to-return" list the same as coming off the PUP list where the player can get a few weeks of practice in before a roster move has to be made to add him to the 53 man roster?
    From what I have read so far, I think he gets 3 weeks of practice before decision time.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. It is way too early to give up on a young lineman who started all of last season for us and did well. It's not like we have a record of success finding these guys.
    You'll change your tune after he comes back and takes out a couple more of our players...

    Besides, he's Charmin SOFFFTTT...

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,454
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    You'll change your tune after he comes back and takes out a couple more of our players...

    Besides, he's Charmin SOFFFTTT...
    He wasn't soft last year starting 13 games and being named the Steelers Rookie of the Year. I have a feeling he has been nursing a nagging injury that has effected his play.

    I remember similar "kicking him while he's down" and negative statements being made about a player named Max Starks who has essentially saved this team two years in a row. If Gilbert is the next Max Starks I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •