Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team Trajectory

Legend

User Info Menu

The offense and defense are playing good enough football for the Steelers to make the playoffs and to make a deep run. The "not-so-special" teams on the other hand are a problem right now. Suisham has been money and Butler is doing a good job as punter, but the return teams and coverage teams have been abysmal and will be the downfall of the Steelers this year, unless, they get things right. There are hidden yards that the Steelers are giving up every week due to penalties and poor coverage on special teams.

This Redskins game could have been over a lot sooner if not for brain cramps on special teams. If there's no block in the back the Steelers are leading 34-9 and the game is over in the 3rd quarter. On the next drive that the Skins took a field goal on 4th and 19 they probably would have had to go for it on 4th and 19 because they would have been down by 25 points and that's 4 scores including 3 TDs and 3 two point conversions.

We wouldn't even be talking about drops and such non-sense, because it would have been a beat down, but instead it's only an 18 point game and a FG was the correct play to keep the skins in the game.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The offense and defense are playing good enough football for the Steelers to make the playoffs and to make a deep run. The "not-so-special" teams on the other hand are a problem right now. Suisham has been money and Butler is doing a good job as punter, but the return teams and coverage teams have been abysmal and will be the downfall of the Steelers this year, unless, they get things right. There are hidden yards that the Steelers are giving up every week due to penalties and poor coverage on special teams.

This Redskins game could have been over a lot sooner if not for brain cramps on special teams. If there's no block in the back the Steelers are leading 34-9 and the game is over in the 3rd quarter. On the next drive that the Skins took a field goal on 4th and 19 they probably would have had to go for it on 4th and 19 because they would have been down by 25 points and that's 4 scores including 3 TDs and 3 two point conversions.

We wouldn't even be talking about drops and such non-sense, because it would have been a beat down, but instead it's only an 18 point game and a FG was the correct play to keep the skins in the game.

Pappy
    And to think we fired the Special Teams Coach. How could the "teams" be any worse? I'd love to know the real story behind that firing.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And to think we fired the Special Teams Coach. How could the "teams" be any worse? I'd love to know the real story behind that firing.
    Yea, I'm with you on that one. It would be a shame for the STs to be the downfall of this team.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount