Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Report: Mike Wallace likely done in Pittsburgh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Did you see that catch?
    Okay...fantastic knees then.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Did you see that catch?
    He missed it with his hands and caught it with his thighs.

Let's put it this way...this season I have seen him drop more big passes then make big catches.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wallace sometimes makes a fantastic or circus catch, but his hands are inconsistent. He has shown me this year better adjustments to the deep ball and better high pointing (though still not great). Wallace could draw a lot more interference penalties if he got better at high-pointing.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Wallace sometimes makes a fantastic or circus catch, but his hands are inconsistent. He has shown me this year better adjustments to the deep ball and better high pointing (though still not great). Wallace could draw a lot more interference penalties if he got better at high-pointing.
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head. IMO that is part of the Steelers decison process. Do you pay elite dollars to a WR who excels at 25% of the WR skills and is good at the other 75%.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head. IMO that is part of the Steelers decison process. Do you pay elite dollars to a WR who excels at 25% of the WR skills and is good at the other 75%.
    touchdowns. Someone needs to score them...Wallace is able to do that with more regularity than any receiver I've ever seen play for the Steelers. Hate all you want, but scoring matters last time I checked.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    touchdowns. Someone needs to score them...Wallace is able to do that with more regularity than any receiver I've ever seen play for the Steelers. Hate all you want, but scoring matters last time I checked.
    There was this one guy names Ward that had a few.....wasn't super fast....just had good hands....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Don't attribute hate to someone who just doesn't see the Steelers paying Wallace $10M per year. That's not hate that is rational thought when we have no cap space. I really hope they sign him, but just don't see how the numbers can possibly work if his demands are in the $10M per range.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    There was this one guy names Ward that had a few.....wasn't super fast....just had good hands....
    The thing is though, Wallace actually gets in the end zone. Who does that if he isn't here? Brown appears that he could be that guy, but he hasn't shown the ability to actually score, same with Sanders and Cotchery. I wouldn't expect a draft pick to begin scoring touchdowns right away unless we draft him at 1.32

I'd rather the Steelers find a way to keep Wallace who has actually been in the end zone quite a bit. If they can't, they can't and the Steelers move forward. As a fan, I'd rather they find a way if possible.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The thing is though, Wallace actually gets in the end zone. Who does that if he isn't here? Brown appears that he could be that guy, but he hasn't shown the ability to actually score, same with Sanders and Cotchery. I wouldn't expect a draft pick to begin scoring touchdowns right away unless we draft him at 1.32

I'd rather the Steelers find a way to keep Wallace who has actually been in the end zone quite a bit. If they can't, they can't and the Steelers move forward. As a fan, I'd rather they find a way if possible.

Pappy
    Yup.

Mike Wallace: 6 TD catches this season and 30 in his career.
    Antonio Brown: 1 TD catch this season and 3 in his career.
    Emmanuel Sanders: 1 TD catch this season and 5 in his career.

Heath Miller can't catch all the TD's, and Wallace seems to be the only WR we have with a nose for the end zone.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post

Averaged just over 6 TDs/season. That is what Wallace has gotten in his worst season.

And Hines is my all-time favorite Steeler, but the facts are the facts.