Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Mike Wallace likely done in Pittsburgh

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we would get a compensatory pick for Mike Wallace, most likely a 4th rounder...
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that... we always seem to get screwed on comp picks.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why in the world would we "tag" sanders? Franchise tag?

ludicrous.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    why in the world would we "tag" sanders? Franchise tag?

ludicrous.
    no, we wouldn't need to franchise tag Sanders.

he's a RFA, so we would either get a 3rd round pick from another team that signed him if we decided not to match or we could apply a 2nd round tender if we were worried about another team signing him for a 3rd round pick.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 10.30.12

TUESDAY, 30 OCTOBER 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Nate: Ed, halfway through the season and it seems Wallace has positioned himself as Ben's favorite receiver the past 2-3 weeks (even with drops). In your opinion, what is the likelihood he is back next year with a signed contract (not franchised)?

Ed Bouchette: I'm on record believing that Wallace will sign elsewhere as a free agent.

Kordells Revenge: Hi Ed, great chat as always. I think I finally get why they didn't overpay for recievers in the past (ie let Burress and Washington walk, traded Holmes, etc), but what do you think happens with their current WR corp?

Ed Bouchette: Antonio Brown is signed. Emmanuel Sanders is restricted. Both will be here in 2013, but as I said I think Wallace will find a better deal elsewhere.

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118688-ed-bouchettes-steelers-chat-transcript-103012[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have been a Big Wallace supporter, but at this rate I'm beginning to think he's not worth a whole lot more than Brown. But I would hate to lose him. 8million a year max.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't forget to add in the special teams contribution. Sure Wallace has good numbers but, Brown is a little more valuable. Imagine if we weren't on pace to set the record for most special teams penalties (we may set it way before the end of the season)

Legend

User Info Menu

If I had to make the choice, I let Wallace walk and put the money to finding a stud safety. The current trend with Troy injuries is concerning. Allen is just OK, and Clark is no spring chicken, and Mundy... don't even bring him into the conversation.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I trust the front office to do the very best for the team with being very fair with Wallace. The Steelers front office always seems to field decent teams despite the finacial structure of contracts, situations and what have you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I trust the front office to do the very best for the team with being very fair with Wallace. The Steelers front office always seems to field decent teams despite the finacial structure of contracts, situations and what have you.
    Omar Khan is the best in the business and I think it was a wise decision by the Steelers to not cave into Wallace's contract demands.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 10-31-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Omar Khan is the best in the business and I think it was a wise decision by the Steelers to not cave into Wallace's contract demands.

I agree. I like wallace, I want him to remain a Steeler but the front office knows what they are doing and they do it well. I can see Wallaces side too so I can't really find fault with either side.