Thread: Who is in Sandy's path?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Who is in Sandy's path?

It's rare that, me being in FL, we don't have to sweat one of these storms but the peeps in PA do. But be ready. A cat 1, or even a tropical depression, (which is all you are going to be hit with) is no big deal to Floridians. Yet, I noticed when a little left over hurricane hit Pgh a few years ago, it flooded your joint out, so even though this level of storm isn't much worry for people in FL, it could be significant when it hits PA, since your ground cannot absorb the water like it does down here. We have a sand-base soil and endless run offs for water, all over the place. Be prepared. When it hits, you will have a long dose of heavy rain and winds. Even though it's nothing compared to a cat 4 (which can literally rip pavement from a road and wipe out any structure, brick or other wise), you still need to be prepared for power outages and flooding. Good luck, Steeler brothers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Up in northeastern PA, they cancelled school for the kids today, cancelled work for me, and my wife came home after lunch. It was rainy and windy all day, but nothing terribly unusual yet. I expect much worse tomorrow and Wednesday. The funny thing is, we have a visitor at our house this week who lives in the Houston area, which often feels the effects of hurricanes that enter the Gulf of Mexico. He thought it was funny that he came to PA, and the hurricane followed him here.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.