Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you enjoy most about yesterday?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    1. Dwyer was my favorite. Seeing him from the endzone was a treat. He really goes down low to deliver a blow when he's about to get tackled. He's a violent runner.

2. How bout our trio of TD receivers - Pope, Miller, Johnson. BA wishes he could have gotten that creative in the RZ.

3. I'll be anxiously awaiting the fine of DeAngelo Hall. Anyone know what really happened there? He seemed to get mixed up with Sanders from what I could see and then went after the official for some reason. Then one of his teammates came in and pushed the official and they threw him out of the game. I thought #26 was going to get thrown out for running into the official.

4. RG3 does a great job handing off and creating confusion. It was hard to follow the ball a number of time. He's got an identical motion when he keeps it or when he hands it off. RG3 was pretty accurate and had a lot of balls hit guys in the hands. And when he went out for a pass and got called for PI, he was flying. I was shocked Ike didn't get called for PI. I didn't watch the broadcast yet, but it was right in front of us and you could tell Ike had no idea where the ball was and just ran into RG3. That call helped us out.

5. I couldn't see the hold on the PR by Brown. It looked like Brown was past everyone before the hold could have occurred. Again, I need to see the replay.
    How many flags have ruined a TD return by Brown in the pre-season and season? It seems like every other game. At some point, could we actually benefit from one of his returns some day? And you are right: RG3 is smooth with his ball handling and he is accurate, not to mention, he's not an immature punk. That dude is going to make his mark in the league.

And yes, JD runs with violence. That's one reason why I was excited about him; he is kind of the polar opposite of SpinderHall.
    Last edited by lloydroid; 10-29-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: meant "flags" not "fags" lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    How many fags have ruined a TD return by Brown in the pre-season and season?
    I don't know, how many?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Derailing the hype train of RG3. I like the kid, but I hate all the hype attached to ANY ROOKIE with only seven games under their belt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Derailing the hype train of RG3. I like the kid, but I hate all the hype attached to ANY ROOKIE with only seven games under their belt.
    Hype will bear itself out to be just that. RGIII has handled the spotlight very well so far. I'm impressed and I'll admit it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The play of Larry Foote. I was a little worried earlier in the season at his play. He is the captain and leadership icon in this defense right now. And his play is showing it. He was all over the field. He now leads the team in tackles and sacks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I was shocked Ike didn't get called for PI. I didn't watch the broadcast yet, but it was right in front of us and you could tell Ike had no idea where the ball was and just ran into RG3. That call helped us out.

5. I couldn't see the hold on the PR by Brown. It looked like Brown was past everyone before the hold could have occurred. Again, I need to see the replay.
    On TV you will see that the OPI was an easy call. They were both looking up and RGIII pushed off extending his arms. He is not a seasoned enough receiver to know how to do it without getting caught.

On the PR it was on the first man down and it was a good call. Funny thing is that it looked like Brown could have gotten by him anyway but we will never know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    On TV you will see that the OPI was an easy call. They were both looking up and RGIII pushed off extending his arms. He is not a seasoned enough receiver to know how to do it without getting caught.

On the PR it was on the first man down and it was a good call. Funny thing is that it looked like Brown could have gotten by him anyway but we will never know.
    Thanks all. From where I was sitting Ike was between me and RG3 and I didn't see the push until I watched the replay. Good thing the ref was on the other side and could see the push.

On the Brown play, he wasn't getting hit. I could see Brown's complete body and the lane between him and the endzone. Before he caught the punt, I told people he was running this one back.

I think we're getting so many flags, the refs plan to throw flags against us before the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Hype will bear itself out to be just that. RGIII has handled the spotlight very well so far. I'm impressed and I'll admit it.
    Within the next 3 years, barring injury, RGIII will be one of the Top5 QBs in the NFL. Totally impressed with everything I have seen from the young man. He obviously benefits from being an "Army Brat" and has his head on right versus far to many players who would be "punks" with his success.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The best part about yesterday is knowing the game was over before the last play. Its been a while since we've had a convincing win against a half decent opponent.
    The best part of the game yesterday was the Redskins in the victory formation for the last play ... and knowing they lost. Priceless!!

Living in the DC area I couldn't wait to go to work on Monday. Alas, Sandy had other plans for me.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    The play of Larry Foote. I was a little worried earlier in the season at his play. He is the captain and leadership icon in this defense right now. And his play is showing it. He was all over the field. He now leads the team in tackles and sacks.
    That is surprising. He has been viewed fairly lowly by most. And now he has become one of our best players. Who'd of thunk it?