Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: I thought ol' Wicker Basket was hopelessly senile and should have retired years ago?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,256

    I thought ol' Wicker Basket was hopelessly senile and should have retired years ago?

    I don't hear anyone talking about sending our defensive coordinator to the nursing home after his defense, in back-to-back games, held a top notch weapon like A.J. Green to 1 catch (his per game average prior to playing us was 7 catches for 104 yards and a TD) and then shut down a multi-dimensional talent like RGIII (his completion percentage was over 70% coming into this game, but we held him to 47% yesterday...he also had 64 rushes for 468 yards and 6 rushing TD's coming in to this game, but we held him to 6 rushes for 8 yards and 0 TD's). He certainly didn't adjust his scheme to accommodate for the these uniquely skilled players one bit, because we know he is stubborn and incapable of changing a single thing about his beloved defense since he cannot possibly ever admit that his baby is ugly. Props to the old man who was born a mere 3 years after our team originally wore those bumblebee unis.

  2. #2
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,586

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,372
    10 drops by Redskin receivers helped the cause this weekend. Nice assist by the rain.

    I think Lebeau is still Lebeau but doesn't have the guys to get consistent QB pressure without blitzing and that's the crux of his problem. If we can get Harrison and Troy healthy by year end, we can get a lot better.

    It's nice seeing some guys get more reps now. It could pay off down the line. It was nice seeing us do well without Troy or Clark. Nice game by Allen/Mundy.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    10 drops by Redskin receivers helped the cause this weekend. Nice assist by the rain.

    I think Lebeau is still Lebeau but doesn't have the guys to get consistent QB pressure without blitzing and that's the crux of his problem. If we can get Harrison and Troy healthy by year end, we can get a lot better.

    It's nice seeing some guys get more reps now. It could pay off down the line. It was nice seeing us do well without Troy or Clark. Nice game by Allen/Mundy.
    Cincy has one WR and Ike is best when locked on one man. He struggles in zone. And yes, Washington WR's dropped 2 TD's and a bunch of other passes.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Cincy has one WR and Ike is best when locked on one man. He struggles in zone. And yes, Washington WR's dropped 2 TD's and a bunch of other passes.
    1) Ike Thomas sucks in man and zone. Sucks is harsh, but don't get it twisted. In the case of AJ Green, it is inexplicable why he didn't get fed the ball two weeks ago. Ike Thomas' coverage had very little to do with it.

    2) "Ten drops" by the Redskins is being dramatic. Of course, I watched the game like you all. At least one of the drops was tipped before it got to the WR. It wasn't TEN drops.

  6. #6
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

    1) Ike Thomas sucks in man and zone. Sucks is harsh, but don't get it twisted. In the case of AJ Green, it is inexplicable why he didn't get fed the ball two weeks ago. Ike Thomas' coverage had very little to do with it.
    the same could be said for Ike Taylor...

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    1) Ike Thomas sucks in man and zone. Sucks is harsh, but don't get it twisted. In the case of AJ Green, it is inexplicable why he didn't get fed the ball two weeks ago. Ike Thomas' coverage had very little to do with it.

    2) "Ten drops" by the Redskins is being dramatic. Of course, I watched the game like you all. At least one of the drops was tipped before it got to the WR. It wasn't TEN drops.
    Ike Thomas?

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,337
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    10 drops by Redskin receivers helped the cause this weekend. Nice assist by the rain.

    I think Lebeau is still Lebeau but doesn't have the guys to get consistent QB pressure without blitzing and that's the crux of his problem. If we can get Harrison and Troy healthy by year end, we can get a lot better.

    It's nice seeing some guys get more reps now. It could pay off down the line. It was nice seeing us do well without Troy or Clark. Nice game by Allen/Mundy.
    Well stated. The best defenders on the field yesterday were the Redskins' receivers. Two easy TDs dropped.

    We have to improve our pass rush and get our Safeties healthy. Not sure Harrison can get there this year. He doesn't seem to have any explosion.

    Many want to characterize this as a personal like or dislike for Ol' Coach leBeau. That has never been the case. The issue the supporters and detractors have comes down to an issue of willingness to make changes and adjust. Some think he never needs to and some think he should have already. There is a case to be made on both sides.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 10-29-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #9
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,058
    you will hear it once again the next time our defense doesn't play well, maybe as early as after this Sunday's game against the Giants.

    be patient Grasshopper, the LeBeau naysayers are ready to pounce at the next opportunity...

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,372
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you will hear it once again the next time our defense doesn't play well, maybe as early as after this Sunday's game against the Giants.

    be patient Grasshopper, the LeBeau naysayers are ready to pounce at the next opportunity...
    The Giants are overrated imho. The parts of their last 2 games I saw, it looked like Dallas and Washington handed them the victory.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •