Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Uniforms Ever??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Worst Uniforms Ever??

The Steelers uni's have garnered a lot of bad press. This article even suggests the title of "worst ever:"

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pittsburgh-steelers-us-era-uniform-horribleness-180520610--nfl.html[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    The Steelers uni's have garnered a lot of bad press. This article even suggests the title of "worst ever:"

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pittsburgh-steelers-us-era-uniform-horribleness-180520610--nfl.html[/URL]
    Oddly enough our kids loved them, especially the fact that each number had its own space by being placed inside a box. They really liked them and hope the Steelers continue to use them as throwbacks. When I saw the game I didn't hate them as much as I thought I would, so, I'm kind of okay with them at this point.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Oddly enough our kids loved them, especially the fact that each number had its own space by being placed inside a box. They really liked them and hope the Steelers continue to use them as throwbacks. When I saw the game I didn't hate them as much as I thought I would, so, I'm kind of okay with them at this point.

Pappy
    While I thought the throwback unis looked horrendous in the press conference, I didn't think they looked nearly as bad in live action...at least, not on TV...

A friend of mine who is not a Steeler fan felt the same way...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't mind the jersey's as much, but the socks really were over the top. I have yet to see one report where they were reviewed favorably. That said, I still liked them better than the last throwbacks with the yellow helmets- those were atrocious!

Legend

User Info Menu

Got to put the uniforms in historiacl context. That was stle back in the 1930s when nthe "rugby jersey" look was the vogue. Remember these were historical uniforms to honor the past not fashion statements.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I liked them.

Legend

User Info Menu

worst ever in football maybe, but they aren't worse than the unis worn by the Chicago White Sox...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Got to put the uniforms in historiacl context. That was stle back in the 1930s when nthe "rugby jersey" look was the vogue. Remember these were historical uniforms to honor the past not fashion statements.
    Fine, but the 1934 team wasn't one much worth honoring and neither are those horrible rags. It could have been worse though- they could have been in those abominable yellow helmets from past throwbacks.

Legend

User Info Menu

They served their purpose... they got a lot of attention. And I actually didn't mind them all that much. Maybe they even helped Ben find receivers in all that bad weather?! ..certainly didn't blend in with any background. My kids thought it was a Halloween joke by the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Those throwbacks are 1 and 0. I'm good with that.

However, I would prefer black pants. Whatever color those pants are ...