Thread: Where are the LeBeau Haters?

Legend

User Info Menu

Where are the LeBeau Haters?

Seemed to have gone into hiding this week?!?

Are we now seeing this defense adjust to life without Troy? Had to know that it was going to be painful and the first few games proved so. But it seems LeBeau has begun to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the current defensive makeup and he is again getting them in position to win game.

But before I heap too much praise on LeBeau I wanted to make one observation. IF GIII's WRs had held on to at least 5 of the 10 dropped passes, GIII's completion % would have hovered around 62%. So while LeBeau did figure a way to limit GIII's running, it is not at all clear they had a good plan for the passing game. This is one game that could have had a completely different complexion if some of the Skins passes were completed.

just an observation, but absolutely no complaints on the win.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm assuming you just don't know what "Wicker Basket" refers to: [URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/38921-I-thought-ol-Wicker-Basket-was-hopelessly-senile-and-should-have-retired-years-ago[/URL]
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Seemed to have gone into hiding this week?!?

Are we now seeing this defense adjust to life without Troy? Had to know that it was going to be painful and the first few games proved so. But it seems LeBeau has begun to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the current defensive makeup and he is again getting them in position to win game.

But before I heap too much praise on LeBeau I wanted to make one observation. IF GIII's WRs had held on to at least 5 of the 10 dropped passes, GIII's completion % would have hovered around 62%. So while LeBeau did figure a way to limit GIII's running, it is not at all clear they had a good plan for the passing game. This is one game that could have had a completely different complexion if some of the Skins passes were completed.

just an observation, but absolutely no complaints on the win.
    Here again is placing the discussion into a personal "like" or "dislike." First, I doubt any posters on this board actually know Lebeau so how can you either like or dislike him. The issue that generates discussions on the board is one faction who just trusts that whatever he did in the past means all will be well in the future and another factions that believes that we are slipping on defense and Lebeau is unwilling to change anything. The latter position is based on two to three seasons of late game losses that have occurred the exact same way over and over again. I have often argued that LeBeau puts out the same template and hopes the other team makes mistakes. I also think few on either side of the argument disagree that he goes passive later in games.

As far as critics being silent, as was pointed out you need to actually read the threads. The "Wicker basket" thread is good and many have pointed out in other threads that the best defense on the field this past Sunday was the Redskins' WRs.

This weekend against the Giants will be a real test of the defense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think any Steelers fan hate Lebeau...but i am not a big fan of his current Defensive schemes ..It just don't seem to work..Maybe its on the players or injuries to the players i don't know..But .No Sacks..No Turnovers..young players taking 3-4 yrs to decode Lebeau's scheme where as Palmer and co. takes 1 week...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I don't think any Steelers fan hate Lebeau...but i am not a big fan of his current Defensive schemes ..It just don't seem to work..Maybe its on the players or injuries to the players i don't know..But .No Sacks..No Turnovers..young players taking 3-4 yrs to decode Lebeau's scheme where as Palmer and co. takes 1 week...
    Yes to this. Pretty much what I have been saying for awhile
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"