Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haley

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley

Just have to say that I love what we are seeing in the new offense. This guy has given plays that take a lot of the pressure off of the line and Ben, brought Miller back into the receiving ranks, put some wrinkle plays in, found that we have an underneath game, put running back into the crosshairs of the opposing defenses, all while letting Ben be Ben.

Really glad that we got him.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Agree. He is exactly what we needed. It shows that change needs to occur periodically to take you to the next level.

Need a similar change on the other side of the ball.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Only thing I don't like is we put 20 up on the board in the first half....7 in the second. We need to start putting our foot on the throat of opponents or one will come back to haunt us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Only thing I don't like is we put 20 up on the board in the first half....7 in the second. We need to start putting our foot on the throat of opponents or one will come back to haunt us.
    Three already have come back to haunt us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed. We have already seen it happen this year. It's like back in the Cowher days of "build a lead and then take the air out."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Agreed. We have already seen it happen this year. It's like back in the Cowher days of "build a lead and then take the air out."

We had this amazing "prevent offense" back then.

As for the second half losing stuff, some of it has to fall on the defense. (enter Ovido in 3, 2, 1, ....)
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Only thing I don't like is we put 20 up on the board in the first half....7 in the second.
    Even so, the Steelers outscored the Redskins in the 2nd half...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    We had this amazing "prevent offense" back then.

As for the second half losing stuff, some of it has to fall on the defense. (enter Ovido in 3, 2, 1, ....)
    I don't agree with this. Why can't it fall on the offense to keep scoring? ALWAYS has to fall on the defense for most Steelers fans even though that unit carried this team for the last decade. Now that ALL the rules favor the offense, then the offense can keep scoring instead of putting 20 up on a team in a half then turtling up.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't think that the new offense turtles up...I just think that they haven't executed as well in the 2nd half...

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought that Haley did a particularly nice drop on the first drive. The WR screen that went to Heath was an excellent call. You know that Washington had to be looking for the screen, and that call takes advantage of that. I also liked the goal line play actions.

Haley has put together a balanced offense, and I feel like it has more room to continue growing.