Thread: RG3 or luck?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

RG3 or luck?

If you're Indy and have another chance, do you go back and take RG3?

Luck's had a good start, but right now RG appears to be somewhat ahead of him.

Both are pretty smart guys (RG is academically possibly the more accomplished of the two -- finished his bachelor's in 3 years with a 3.7 GPA and was working on his masters when he was drafted). RG's the better athlete. But he had less college experience coming in. So, if you're Indy and have the chance to go back and re-draft with 20-20 hindsight, who do you draft?

Ok, this probably doesnt belong in the steelers section, but we did play RG3 today ..
    Last edited by bostonsteeler; 10-28-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No way! Indy is 4-3 with less (weapons), around for Luck than Washington at 3-5 has around RG3.

Andrew Luck will be a better all around NFL QB than RG3. And this is coming from a guy who is in awe of RG3.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

Like a lot of us here I follow my share of football in general. I have never seen any rookie quite like RG III. He was every bit as advertised. The ball fakes tricked me and the camera man constantly. You could actually see the LB's freeze momentarily because of the excellent play action.

I know the offense was catered to his strengths but it is far from a watered down game manager offense. He made really good reads and placed the ball nicely. If the Skins didnt drop so many balls this game could have been closer.

I dont know but I am glad the Steelers will only see him once.

Having said all of this I thought Colt Mccoy was the real deal based on his Texas Resume and the way he played the Steelers his 1st year so maybe I am not the best judge of talent.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west View Post
    Like a lot of us here I follow my share of football in general. I have never seen any rookie quite like RG III. He was every bit as advertised. The ball fakes tricked me and the camera man constantly. You could actually see the LB's freeze momentarily because of the excellent play action.

I know the offense was catered to his strengths but it is far from a watered down game manager offense. He made really good reads and placed the ball nicely. If the Skins didnt drop so many balls this game could have been closer.

I dont know but I am glad the Steelers will only see him once.

Having said all of this I thought Colt Mccoy was the real deal based on his Texas Resume and the way he played the Steelers his 1st year so maybe I am not the best judge of talent.
    Colt McCoy is another guy who had receivers that refused to catch the ball...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    If you're Indy and have another chance, do you go back and take RG3?

Luck's had a good start, but right now RG appears to be somewhat ahead of him.

Both are pretty smart guys (RG is academically possibly the more accomplished of the two -- finished his bachelor's in 3 years with a 3.7 GPA and was working on his masters when he was drafted). RG's the better athlete. But he had less college experience coming in. So, if you're Indy and have the chance to go back and re-draft with 20-20 hindsight, who do you draft?

Ok, this probably doesnt belong in the steelers section, but we did play RG3 today ..

I don't know about that one...Luck finished an architecture degree from Stanford while playing football in 4 years. I had several good friends in college working on architecture degrees...there's a reason their building had showers and kitchens. Those people literally spent all night in their studios working on projects. As far as I'm concerned, that is the most demanding degree you can pursue.