Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clark

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Clark

Was at the game so really didn't see what happened to Clark. Read he got concussed. Did it look brutal or just a head ringer and he should be ok next week?

Starter

User Info Menu

it looked like one of those kinda hits he often takes and then gets backup and plays. I'd say it was a head ringer and that he should be good to go next week..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Backup

User Info Menu

He threw the back of his head into a guys knee. He will be fine by next week, but it probably will make him eligible to be part of the lawsuit against the NFL if it isn't settled before he retires.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I thought Clark got earholed...I didn't see the knee thing...

Legend

User Info Menu

Our situation at Safety scares me to death. Will Allen has actually been better than I thought he would be, but Mundy is a long gain just waiting to happen.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Our situation at Safety scares me to death. Will Allen has actually been better than I thought he would be, but Mundy is a long gain just waiting to happen.
    Wonder if we have another CB that could step up so Ike could go to FS?

Legend

User Info Menu

The key to our victory this Sunday IMHO - will Clark play?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin: Clark, Woodley uncertain for Sunday; Mendenhall cleared for workouts

October 30, 2012
    By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers do not know if safety Ryan Clark or outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley will be able to play Sunday against the New York Giants in East Rutherford, N.J.

Clark sustained a concussion against the Washington Redskins and Coach Mike Tomlin said he still has to go through a battery of tests this week before it is determined if he can practice or play against the Giants.

"We will continue to monitor his progress," Tomlin saidtoday during his weekly news conference.

Woodley aggravated a right hamstring injury against the Redskins that caused him to miss an Oct. 11 game in Tennessee. Tomlin said Woodley's injury "looks more promising" than the hamstring injury sustained by backup linebacker Stevenson Sylvester, whom he said is "questionable" to play against the Giants.

Tomlin also said Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu will miss his fourth game in a row with a right calf injury and right tackle Marcus Gilbert will miss his third consecutive game with an ankle injury. Both players are expected to be out for an extended period.

However, Tomlin said running back Rashard Mendenhall, who has missed the past two games with an Achilles tendon injury, has been cleared to begin individual workouts. Those workouts will determine how soon he can begin practicing with the team and does not necessarily mean he will play against the Giants.

But, backup running back Isaac Redman, who practiced last Friday, will resume practice Wednesday and should be available to play in New York. Redman has been bothered by a high ankle sprain that caused him to miss the past two games.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league is prepared to play Sunday's game as scheduled.

"The stadium apparently is fine," Aiello said. "We are going to prepare to play and we'll stay in close touch with public authorities."

Those players have been replaced the past two games by Jonathan Dwyer, who became the first player since Willie Parker in 2008 to post back-to-back 100-yard rushing performance. Dwyer sustained a right quad strain in the victory against the Washington Redskins, but Tomlin said he "hopefully" can practice by Thursday.

Meantime, Tomlin said he has no information, nor can he afford to be concerned, about whether the game might be moved or rescheduled because of damage from former Hurricane Sandy.

"I'm only concerned about what we can control," Tomlin said, referring to getting his team prepared.

The NFL office in New York was scheduled to be closed today because of the storm. Pat Hanlon, the Giants' vice president of communications, said today his organization has "not really had any discussions along those lines....but I believe we're proceeeding as scheduled."

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-clark-woodley-uncertain-for-sunday-mendenhall-cleared-for-workouts-659852/#ixzz2Anfw7pDm[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Tomlin: Clark, Woodley uncertain for Sunday; Mendenhall cleared for workouts

October 30, 2012
    By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers do not know if safety Ryan Clark or outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley will be able to play Sunday against the New York Giants in East Rutherford, N.J.

Clark sustained a concussion against the Washington Redskins and Coach Mike Tomlin said he still has to go through a battery of tests this week before it is determined if he can practice or play against the Giants.

"We will continue to monitor his progress," Tomlin saidtoday during his weekly news conference.

Woodley aggravated a right hamstring injury against the Redskins that caused him to miss an Oct. 11 game in Tennessee. Tomlin said Woodley's injury "looks more promising" than the hamstring injury sustained by backup linebacker Stevenson Sylvester, whom he said is "questionable" to play against the Giants.

Tomlin also said Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu will miss his fourth game in a row with a right calf injury and right tackle Marcus Gilbert will miss his third consecutive game with an ankle injury. Both players are expected to be out for an extended period.

However, Tomlin said running back Rashard Mendenhall, who has missed the past two games with an Achilles tendon injury, has been cleared to begin individual workouts. Those workouts will determine how soon he can begin practicing with the team and does not necessarily mean he will play against the Giants.

But, backup running back Isaac Redman, who practiced last Friday, will resume practice Wednesday and should be available to play in New York. Redman has been bothered by a high ankle sprain that caused him to miss the past two games.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league is prepared to play Sunday's game as scheduled.

"The stadium apparently is fine," Aiello said. "We are going to prepare to play and we'll stay in close touch with public authorities."

Those players have been replaced the past two games by Jonathan Dwyer, who became the first player since Willie Parker in 2008 to post back-to-back 100-yard rushing performance. Dwyer sustained a right quad strain in the victory against the Washington Redskins, but Tomlin said he "hopefully" can practice by Thursday.

Meantime, Tomlin said he has no information, nor can he afford to be concerned, about whether the game might be moved or rescheduled because of damage from former Hurricane Sandy.

"I'm only concerned about what we can control," Tomlin said, referring to getting his team prepared.

The NFL office in New York was scheduled to be closed today because of the storm. Pat Hanlon, the Giants' vice president of communications, said today his organization has "not really had any discussions along those lines....but I believe we're proceeeding as scheduled."

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-clark-woodley-uncertain-for-sunday-mendenhall-cleared-for-workouts-659852/#ixzz2Anfw7pDm[/URL]
    Put Woodley at DE in a 3-point stance. The guy can't freakin stay healthy chasing people in pass coverage. How anyone can critricize Timmons and not be all over Woodleyy is beyond me. Timmons at least plays and plays well week in and week out.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Clark basically hurt himself, again. It's what he does. I like it, but he is going to regret it later in life.