Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Had a great time for my first Steeler Game at Heinz Field

Backup

User Info Menu

Talking

My first game was in 1978 I believe it was a night game, against the Rams in the Coliseum. I was 11 and I played for a youth team of the Steelers. I wore my #75 jersey and we were sitting in the end zone of the Steeler warm ups. My dad took my 1 sister and me. I yelled down to Joe Greene and pointed to my jersey he looked up and gave a thumbs up. Kinda cool to an 11 year old. The next season my uncle from Pittsburgh got a hold of about 12 tickets to the Super Bowl against the Rams. I have a few relatives that have season tickets to Heinz, in fact my uncles grandson now has the rights to the tickets first bought in 1934 I believe. I went to many games in the 80s and 90s against the Rams since I am in so cal. In 2009 I went to Heinz with a friend from here using some season tickets of some 2nd cousins. Went hoping for a cold day and what I got was a 60+ day in November. They were playing the Bengals, we lost in a offensive offense day. But my friend and I had a good time tailgating and checking out the stadium. Last year I took some money from my parents trust and bought tickets for the Cardinal game in Arizona. I bought 9 tickets so my sisters and their families could go. We paid big money for some good seats, we had a great time. Figured it was a once in lifetime opportunity for the 3 of us. I look forward to the day I can afford to take my family to Heinz to see a game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    it was her first time as well
    No better way to pop a Steelers cherry than together for the first time.

Legend

User Info Menu

I took my wife to Montreal for our anniversary during their annual Jazz festival a few years back. Not a huge jazz guy (don't necessarily love it or hate it...it can be cool in small doses if done right...gotta love the dude pecking away at the huge bass), but we had a great time there. I've never been to Europe, but Montreal's gotta be the closest thing to that type of experience in North America (that and New Orleans, I suppose...maybe our Steelers will go on an epic run to the Super Bowl this year and I'll get to experience N'Awlins as well).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I took my wife to Montreal for our anniversary during their annual Jazz festival a few years back. Not a huge jazz guy (don't necessarily love it or hate it...it can be cool in small doses if done right...gotta love the dude pecking away at the huge bass), but we had a great time there. I've never been to Europe, but Montreal's gotta be the closest thing to that type of experience in North America (that and New Orleans, I suppose...maybe our Steelers will go on an epic run to the Super Bowl this year and I'll get to experience N'Awlins as well).
    You'll have to take your wife for some Jazz in NO. I'm no big Jazz fan either, but I've got a buddy that's into every kind of non mainstream music on the planet. And he took me to some really cool places in NO. We saw some Jazz that he was insisting was some of the best performers in the world. Got a little Zydeco/Cajun music going on. A couple of the clubs we went to were the size of a walk in closet. It was a neat music scene. There were 2 places that were just a room and you were literally cramped in a room right next to the guys playing the music.

Some of the best food in the world too. NO is another one of my favorite cities with all the culture. Just don't go in the middle of summer. The one odd thing about NO is if you fly into the airport, you will have to drive by some of the poorest places in America to get to the city. I saw it pre Katrina and have heard it's gotten worse since. I just remember driving through areas thinking I was in a 3rd world country.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Honeymooned in Montreal many years ago. It is a great place to visit. We've always wanted to go back. Maybe one day ... maybe an anniversary.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Montreal is the new Boardwalk on Monopoly on Pogo.com
    Must be the greatest city in the world!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hey Flippy, my fav. baseball team was the Expos too. Met Gary Carter once and have tons of his autographs. Ashame he passed away at such a young age. Well, now that I dated myself, my first 3Rivers game was against the Bills in one of those playoff games back in the early 90's. I'm very lucky in that I've been to at least one game in Pitt. every year since.

My 1st Heinz Field game was supposed to be Opening Day against the Browns. However, 9/11 happened and the game was post poned until the end of the year. Still have the ticket stub.

My tradition continues.... I'll be out there on Sunday......Here We Go Stillers! Oh yea, weather Gods, bring on the snow if you want, we're going via a brand new Jeep.... So dump all ya like...lol
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Montreal is the new Boardwalk on Monopoly on Pogo.com
    Must be the greatest city in the world!
    With all of the Hurricane Sandy devastation to the Jersey shore, you can't take Monopoly away from them and give it to the Canucks!

And, flip, your description of the drive from the airport to New Orleans sounds like the drive from the airport to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Hey Flippy, my fav. baseball team was the Expos too. Met Gary Carter once and have tons of his autographs. Ashame he passed away at such a young age. Well, now that I dated myself, my first 3Rivers game was against the Bills in one of those playoff games back in the early 90's. I'm very lucky in that I've been to at least one game in Pitt. every year since.

My 1st Heinz Field game was supposed to be Opening Day against the Browns. However, 9/11 happened and the game was post poned until the end of the year. Still have the ticket stub.

My tradition continues.... I'll be out there on Sunday......Here We Go Stillers! Oh yea, weather Gods, bring on the snow if you want, we're going via a brand new Jeep.... So dump all ya like...lol
    I'd suggest we get together on Sunday at some point before the game, but I'm not 100% sure I'll be there. My wife had surgery 2 days ago, and I had to stay home from work today to help her out. She is improving to the point that she doesn't help standing up and sitting down when she needs to go to the bathroom at this point, but I think she needs to improve a bit more before I would even consider leaving her for a full day. She really wants me to go (and I certainly want to be there for a game like this), but some things are more important. I may send my son to Pittsburgh with his grandfather for this game (with the understanding that he must scream his head off when we're on defense). She's trying to do more things herself tonight. We'll have to see how she's doing tomorrow before deciding what will happen on Sunday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post

I didn't know Gary Carter died. I really liked him and Raines and Dawson and Wallach. And then I think I liked the tie to Matty Alou for some reason. I thought it was neat they had Felipe and Moises. Mixing Spanish and French made them seem so exotic to me.