Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Had a great time for my first Steeler Game at Heinz Field

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My first game at Heinz was spent in the luxury club box seats (the seats in the 200s). It was in 2001, first year of HF. If you only make 1 game a year, or less, I suggest paying the extra $ for the luxury club (even though I didn't have to pay for the tickets, I would have - connections never hurt The experience of the club seats can't be beat. No lines in the bathroom, drinks of ANY sort, like a giant sports bar. A huge variety of food. I don't know if I will ever use a regular seat ticket ever again. I have been back several times, and only once didn't have the box seats. If you have to pay for an entire season of club seats, especially for four tickets, it could be cost prohibitive for most people, but if you are just going to one game a season, it makes it worth it, to do it up right. Also, we had tickets for a tail gate party, which was in a tent, outside the stadium and it was all you could eat and drink - with chefs cutting up beef, lamb, etc. How can you beat that? All of it was comped. I don't know how it could have been better than that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    With all of the Hurricane Sandy devastation to the Jersey shore, you can't take Monopoly away from them and give it to the Canucks!

And, flip, your description of the drive from the airport to New Orleans sounds like the drive from the airport to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
    Never been to Punta Cana, but I've driven an hour across Jamaica and saw the people living in outhouses that were 2 inches from the highway. I bet Punta Cana was poor like that. NO is a different kind of poor. Instead of huts and outhouses, it's more row houses but they look more run down than the huts in a foreign country. And I remember in Jamaica, there were people selling stuff on the street and they had some pride. They were like artists grinding to make a living but broke. In NO, the people look completely disenfranchised from society.

It's really depressing. Maybe it's a lot alike, but it just seems really bad going from so poor to an area that's so wealthy. The contrast throws you off a bit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    My first game at Heinz was spent in the luxury club box seats (the seats in the 200s). It was in 2001, first year of HF. If you only make 1 game a year, or less, I suggest paying the extra $ for the luxury club (even though I didn't have to pay for the tickets, I would have - connections never hurt The experience of the club seats can't be beat. No lines in the bathroom, drinks of ANY sort, like a giant sports bar. A huge variety of food. I don't know if I will ever use a regular seat ticket ever again. I have been back several times, and only once didn't have the box seats. If you have to pay for an entire season of club seats, especially for four tickets, it could be cost prohibitive for most people, but if you are just going to one game a season, it makes it worth it, to do it up right. Also, we had tickets for a tail gate party, which was in a tent, outside the stadium and it was all you could eat and drink - with chefs cutting up beef, lamb, etc. How can you beat that? All of it was comped. I don't know how it could have been better than that.
    My first game at Heinz, I talked one of the ushers into letting me in the club section. That really was nice. I watched some of the game from the corner of the endzone where there's no seats and it has to be the perfect view for watching a game.

If I was well off, I'd definitely get seats in the club section. I started talking to one of the ushers and found out he had family in NC and told him I drove 500 miles to see the game, it was my first time to see the stadium, yada yada and asked him if I could see what that section was like and for some reason he just said sure.

I bounced around the stadium looking for the perfect view. I watched parts of the game from everywhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    My Steeler season tix are in the upper deck end zone bleachers. My parents went to a summer concert a Heinz a year or so ago (some country stuff my mom likes) and he surprised her with club seats for that. When we go up to our Steeler seats now, my dad tends to brag about how great that was, and how he is spoiled now.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.