Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foster

Legend

User Info Menu

Foster

I got to see my first live game of the season and one of the things that stood out and surprised me - Foster is a little bigger than Adams. Maybe that's why he's looked better at RT to me in the preseason.

Can he get low enough in his blocks to handle some of the huge DTs?

Has part of our OLine problem been using Foster and Bronko at G? I like both of those guys, but I'm starting to believe they're both out of position at G.

We'll be better off when we get Decastro back. And Bronko can be our backup C and Foster can backup our RT/G positions.

Is it possible Foster could be our best RT on the team?

I know the Oline looked good. It was just easy to watch the OLine blocking from the endzone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Adams is listed at 6-7 and Foster at 6-6

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I got to see my first live game of the season and one of the things that stood out and surprised me - Foster is a little bigger than Adams. Maybe that's why he's looked better at RT to me in the preseason.

Can he get low enough in his blocks to handle some of the huge DTs?

Has part of our OLine problem been using Foster and Bronko at G? I like both of those guys, but I'm starting to believe they're both out of position at G.

We'll be better off when we get Decastro back. And Bronko can be our backup C and Foster can backup our RT/G positions.

Is it possible Foster could be our best RT on the team?

I know the Oline looked good. It was just easy to watch the OLine blocking from the endzone.
    Foster problem for the last two years is he can't get enough push to move defenders off the ball in short yardage situations. He is adequete is standard play but in short yardage he gets little movement. maybe that is an issue of not getting low enough but it is something that hurt us on the goal line yesterday.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Adams is listed at 6-7 and Foster at 6-6
    Ben is 6'5" and Willie Colon is 6'3". Who's bigger?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Foster problem for the last two years is he can't get enough push to move defenders off the ball in short yardage situations. He is adequete is standard play but in short yardage he gets little movement. maybe that is an issue of not getting low enough but it is something that hurt us on the goal line yesterday.
    good grief ovi, would you give this kid a compliment already?

he has played some damn good football this year and also been able to stay healthy for every game which has been a nice bonus for this OL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    good grief ovi, would you give this kid a compliment already?

he has played some damn good football this year and also been able to stay healthy for every game which has been a nice bonus for this OL.
    OMG, I said he was adequete in standard play. What is wrong with that? Forgive me if I don't slobber all over him like he is a Pro Bowl player. He is what he is, an adequete player who is valuable to have on the team because of his flexibility.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess that beats saying he doesn't deserve to be on an NFL roster like you were saying a few short months ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess that beats saying he doesn't deserve to be on an NFL roster like you were saying a few short months ago.
    Seriously, If DeCastro didn't get hurt maybe I would be saying.....

I have acknowledged for well over a season that Foster is a decent back-up who can play in a pinch. however he is not the quality Guard we need to really have a great OL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and I believe he is better than a decent back-up and the steelers W/L record with him as a starter bears that out.

you can't pay everyone 5 million dollars a year and Ramon Foster allows us to pay others while getting great production from his spot relative to his paycheck.

very underrated steeler, IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

and I believe he is better than a decent back-up and the steelers W/L record with him as a starter bears that out.

you can't pay everyone 5 million dollars a year and Ramon Foster allows us to pay others while getting great production from his spot relative to his paycheck.

very underrated steeler, IMO.
    I guess we'll see what the Steelers think in the off season because he will be out of contract.