Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another flagon ST's...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I don't believe the TD would have been taken back because of AB's showboating. it would have resulted in a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty and moved our kickoff spot back 15 yards but the TD would have still counted.
    are you sure about that?

the unsportmanlike conduct happened during the play. it wasnt a dead ball foul.

unless i missed something he did after he crossed the goal line

and of course they're going to take the block in the back penalty. its marked off from the spot of the foul

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    are you sure about that?

the unsportmanlike conduct happened during the play. it wasnt a dead ball foul.

unless i missed something he did after he crossed the goal line
    yes, I'm sure and even looked it up to be double-sure.

unsportsmanlike conduct results in a 15-yard penalty which is assessed after the completion of the play. when it occurs after a scoring play, the 15 yards are assessed on the kickoff.

Antonio Brown didn't know the rule ...

by Joe Starkey

Asked if he knows it's an automatic foul if you run backwards into the end zone, Brown said, "No, I had no clue. I did the same thing when I took one back on Oakland, and I didn't see a flag. I gotta get better on that."

Indeed.

Of course, it won't matter if his teammates keep holding on his big returns.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-...source=twitter

Hall of Famer
    k
    thanks

Hall of Famer
    "someone will be sitting as soon as we have some options available to us..." M. Tomlin.

so I guess there will be roster changes coming up.

When is DeCastro eligible to return?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    "someone will be sitting as soon as we have some options available to us..." M. Tomlin.

so I guess there will be roster changes coming up.

When is DeCastro eligible to return?
    after Week 8...

Brown gets clear message

Wednesday, October 31, 2012
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Tomlin took Antonio Brown to task privately and publicly for his taunting penalty on an punt return against Washington.

"I not only spoke to Antonio, but I spoke to our team about it," Tomlin said. "Briefly, simply what I said is that it was not respectable. Those of us that know Antonio and watch him work on a day-to-day basis, if one word describes him professionally it's respectable. How he prepares, what he's willing to do, what kind of teammate he is, and that's represented in his play. That's the way we approached it.

"I thought it was an awesome learning opportunity for the entire group because, as professionals, I think that's a word everyone would want to describe their play.

"I think people that don't see you work on a day-to-day basis are capable of making judgments about you personally and professionally based on what they see, so we want to do what's respectable. That's what we talked about and kind of moved on."

http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12305...#ixzz2AwOdhDpH

Legend
    Whatever... anytime Brown has a big return he will black out and put on a show...